Oil Leak problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Leak problem

i just replaced my spark plugs and valve cover gasket like a month ago and today i removed my valve cover and noticed oil in my spark plugs, i dont understand the valve cover gasket is new and its fellpro is there any other reason why oil is getting into my spark plugs?

Did you replace the grommets and spark plug seals as well? Reusing hardend grommets will not allow the valve cover to seat/torque down properly so new gaskets will still leak. If you did and it's still leaking, try applying a thin layer of rtv sealant around where the spark seals go.

Comment

i think you need to replace the lower plug seals...
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Oh heck ya.

I did my valve cover gasket and upper tube seals a while ago. Still had oil. To the point where when you pulled the plug wires they made a sucking & pop sound from the oil.

Replacing the lowers is not hard, just a little tricky. Feels like it take more time than it's worth for four little rubber shit-dings... but it is.

New plug wires, new plugs, new valve cover gasket, new upper & lower tube seals, new PCV valve, your car will feel new again. Best $60-$80 you'll spend.
        Bart: What's your name?
        Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

say it with me now....LOWER TUBE SEALS

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9300
          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
            say it with me now....LOWER TUBE SEALS

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=9300
            LOW-ER Tube SE-ALS
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
            X