ok to reuse crank and rods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok to reuse crank and rods?

well as you all know, my block is cracked, and im sure theres some water stirring around in the bottom. the car doesnt make any abnormal noises, but if for some reason the water fucked up the bearings and then also the crank/rods... can they be fixed?

im most worried about the crank. i can get new rods in no time, but id have to search for a h crank. im assuming i didnt spin a bearing, cause i would notice that... but if there is any wear on the journals can a crank polishing clean those up? when im looking for a block i wanna know if i need a complete or if i can reuse all my parts.

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
    well as you all know, my block is cracked, and im sure theres some water stirring around in the bottom. the car doesnt make any abnormal noises, but if for some reason the water fucked up the bearings and then also the crank/rods... can they be fixed?

im most worried about the crank. i can get new rods in no time, but id have to search for a h crank. im assuming i didnt spin a bearing, cause i would notice that... but if there is any wear on the journals can a crank polishing clean those up? when im looking for a block i wanna know if i need a complete or if i can reuse all my parts.
    i know you have the h22a from your members ride thread. so if you wanted to get a new crank i asked my fren and he said youd need an h22a or a1 crank.

as for using yours again...depends on how much damage there actually is on the journals. sure they could polish it...but only to a certain extent..you know..best thing to do is have the stuff takin out. inspect it. and go from there..

Comment

Working...
    X