where is it leaking from

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is it leaking from

as the title says i have a leak. I woke up this morining to go to work and noticed over night my car has leaked out most of the clutch fluid. i have checked everywhere i can think of, but still see no leaks any help is good help. it's not to big of a problem because i have like 6 bottles of brake fluid, but every time i add more the leak seems to stop. i have only had to fill the resevoir once since i bought the 6 months ago
    Quagmire: Hey there sweetie, how old are you?
    Connie: 16.
    Quagmire: 18? You're first.
    Connie: Mom!
    Quagmire: I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

well, what happened to me was that one of the tubes were rubbing against a moving part on the tranny and made a hole in the tube. so sometimes my pedal would just fall to the floor because of the air in the line.

and fluid would come out whenever i press on the clutch.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah..you need to fill up the fluid, and then have someone press the clutch several times while you look under the hood for the leak.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
        Yeah..you need to fill up the fluid, and then have someone press the clutch several times while you look under the hood for the leak.
        i'll try it as soon as i can find someone to help

Comment

If you were a little closer I'd help..but that's a little too far for me right now. My car is JUST back on the road this week and still working out some kinks.

Good luck.

Comment

yeah i hate the distance too. but my neighbor is gonna help when he gets home in like an hour so it all works out. Thanks for the offer (if you were closer)

Comment

check the floor inside the car right around the pedals, like where the floor and firewall meet. look there and im pretty sure you will find all that fluid you lost. if so, you need a new clutch master cylindar. if its leaking by the slave cylindar then you need to replace that.
              93 accord dx stock (mine)
              91 accord lx stock (wife's) click here for the FS listing
              86 crx HF (carb'd model) with B18B1 swap, custom OBD1 fuel injection conversion, custom mounts...... fun conversion, and more fun to drive
              86 ford ranger with dual sparkplug 2.3 FI conversion

Comment

thanx for all of oyur help. i found that it is leaking from the slave cylinder and if any one has an extra for cheap i am interested. no BIG rush, cuz the leak isn't that bad yet. but i will need to replace in the next week or two, once again thanx cuz you all were a big help

Comment

You dont need someone to have it cheap on here. I just replaced mine this past weekend and it only cost $20 for the slave cylinder from PepBoys and it has lifetime warranty. Took 2 minutes to replace and another 3-4 to bleed. (with someone pumping the pedal of course).

Comment

Working...
                  X