stock 4-2-1 headers on ex and different 1s on lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock 4-2-1 headers on ex and different 1s on lx

I was at da junkyard yesterday and noticed that da ex headers were way better than da 1s on da lx and I would like to know if I could change mine I have a lx would I have to change anything in oder to use it it is 4-2-1 headers and da ones on da lx are all connected would it make a diffrence if I change them?

u can do it, but u have to re-wire the 02 sensor to go down to near the cat, and i think u need both pieces of the header all the way to the flex pipe.

u will feel a bit of a difference.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

rewire as into extend da wire?

Comment

u don't see accords that clean in chicago I bet u could eat food off that car lol thanx 4 da help

Comment

Many people have done this on the board, I guarantee there is about a couple posts floating around. This is the cheap way to get some HP as a budget racer. However, it will give you some more low-mid power that our cars desperately need. What's with all the "da's" in your post?
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nycxeracer
            What's with all the "da's" in your post?
            he likes old integras.

fourthgenhatch.net

Comment

Originally posted by gutterslide
              he likes old integras.

LoL

Comment

EX headers are tubular instead of the DX/LX ones which are cast iron. the flow characteristics are obviously better. yes you will need to extend the wires since the EX O2 sensor is on the downpipe next to the flex pipe as opposed to being on the header.

let me get this straight. da = old integra. ok i got it!
                1cor10:31
                - 92 LX coupe
                - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

My header came with the bung for the O2 sensor in the top and i needed in on the bottom cause I have an ex. I had a shop drill and tap for a new bung and pluged the other one. Im sure you can do the same if you dont want to extend the wire. It cost me like 30 bucks and looks good too.
                  1991 Black Accord Coupe
                  Sprint Lowering Springs
                  Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                  Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                  17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                  TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

da= integra?

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                    91 accord lx (5spd)
                    92 accord lx (5spd)
                    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

if I want 2 extend da wires would it be easy if I do it my self?

Comment

if I want 2 extend da wires would it be easy if I do it my self? Da/the 1s/ones fuck integras evrybody got them

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                          let me get this straight. da = old integra. ok i got it!

Yup the da's are the 90-93 integras. old skool cars that are sooo much fun to drive.

Comment

are you asking if you can swap them between the tegs? or if you can use the DA one on your accord? or use the ex accord one on your lx? i am so fucking confused its not funny.
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i didnt have to extend the wires on my lx...there is enough wire in the harness...you just have to cut some of the electrical tape, and run the wires around the back of the trans..... worked for me... i didnt want to mess with cutting and splicing shit.
                              Seattle Silver crew #5
                              Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                              ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

Working...
                              X