broken bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken bolt?

i accidently snapped a bolt... its coming off the block and holds the exhaust manifold down. lower right side staring at the manifold. its a big pain trying to take it off. i started the car and no exhaust leaks from not having that one bolt there. is it really important to have it or will i be fine w/o it? thanks jay

if its what i think ur talking about, i had to take that out for my dc sports headers and unless u are lossing exhaust through it, u should be able to hear it, so i doubt its a big deal...but im still not excatly sure what one it is so....just in case got pics or see what others say...

Comment

im talking about one of the nine bolts that hold the header onto the block. i snapped one and want to kno if its safe to drive missing one bolt...there are no leaks but i wanted to ask around first. thanks again jay

Comment

one shouldnt hurt, but you will have to tighten the others just a little more so there are no leaks, which may make another one break. Did it break clean off or just strip?

Comment

clean break off... and ill try to muscle the other ones in... and hopefully i dont have another shit the bed on me. thanks

Comment

i think have like 3 of those header bolts left holding my manifold on haha. its no big deal
            (ok, i only lost 2, but exagerations are fun)

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i just broke the far left 1.
              1993 Honda Accord LX
              2006 Yamaha R6
              2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Working...
              X