Pinion Gear anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinion Gear anybody?

I think that's what its called... the gear on the starter that connects to the flywheel to get your car going.

well it's not for my cb7, it's actually for our 6th gen but all I'm wondering is if its possible to re-grind one or to buy a new one without replacing the whole starter (the motor and soelonoid are new and work fine)... am i better off just going to a junkyard and swiping a starter just to get that gear off or can i find one new or what?

breathing is deadly underwater...

i forgot the exact term but ur better off getting a new reman starter..they come wiht warrenties...and if its that bad that the teeth are bad, look inside at the flywheel and see if those teeth are bad as well.

i know its called overrunning clutch but i forgot the exact term of that part.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

yeah we've been having this horrible metal on metal grinding sound whenever the car is started... thought the flywheel might be missing teeth... but when he took the starter off i figured out it was from him turning off his car while driving and restarting it (dont ask me why he does this) so although the flywheel prob needs to be changed due to age and mileage... this issue is caused by my husband's own absentmindedness and hasn't helped anything else thats wrong with this poor aging car

and by the book (school textbook), it's called a pinion gear...
      ...p.s. the car in question is an automatic

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

Working...
      X