What Volts Are You Running At?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Volts Are You Running At?

just a lil question for everyone, how many volts is everyone usually running at? at a high, im running maybe 13.1 or 13.2, ubt when my system is goin pretty high, it like goes down to 10.4 maybe loweest with the brakes at a red light, but when im driving and the system is going, it stays at about 11.6 to 12. any input would be awesome!
    peace

btw...im checkin volts thru a voltmeter guages, and yes its hooked up properly

wow, mines running at 14.7 anything over 15 is bad for your alt....

and well it looks like you need a high out put alt or a cap.. what kind of amp setup are you running?
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

im runing about 14.5 with system at full blast 13.1 your alternator is preaty week unless your runing a true 1200+ watt amp and sh*t ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

vlts

well, ive got 2 12's running with a 1200 watt amp...its prolly only like 800 watts or so rms.

Comment

I've gone down all the way to 10's when I've had my system blasting.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
            wow, mines running at 14.7 anything over 15 is bad for your alt..
            no, the alternator is what makes the power, not the battery....

as for the voltage issues, dude if ur getting low as 10 v at idle with the music cranked, hit up a CAP.

but still 12v is low at idle...it should be about 12.7 to 14.4 make sure you have a nice ground on the amp and battery terminals cleaned and properly seated.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
            X