still stalls/doesnt start anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still stalls/doesnt start anymore

so i got my main relay today and replaced it. it still stalls randomely...i checked the plugs and one was much blacker than the others so i decided to bust out the timing light.
    i set everything up and i do not see any tick marks whatsoever...and if i do, it was at 15. so after being confuzzled, when idling i hit the distributor and immeditely the car shut off. i tried to start it again and nothing, 2nd crank...all this white smoke starts coming out of the intake, smells really bad.

i think it is an electrical problem, or my engine is almost done with (which is wierd because it was running strong in april, got good gas mileage also )
    the ONLY things i havent replaced are cap, rotor and whole distributor minus the ignitor (tach was jumping after 3k)

my uncle (previous owner) didnt really know when he replaced the distributor and i only put 8-9k street driven miles when i first acquired it from him.

so, any ideas? (i cant check compression since i need a special plug to screw into my spark plug area and i cant find it, lol) 1990 accord EX, f22A4, 218k, 4 door
    thanks
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

I would definitely try the cap and rotor. I had an issue where I stopped the car to grab a bite to eat, and when I came back out to the car, it wouldn't start. Just cranked over, but wouldn't fire. Had it towed to a shop since I didn't have my tools with me and it was late. The shop changed the cap and rotor and I haven't had a problem since. Also you said that you hit the dizzy and it quit, so...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
      I would definitely try the cap and rotor. I had an issue where I stopped the car to grab a bite to eat, and when I came back out to the car, it wouldn't start. Just cranked over, but wouldn't fire. Had it towed to a shop since I didn't have my tools with me and it was late. The shop changed the cap and rotor and I haven't had a problem since. Also you said that you hit the dizzy and it quit, so...
      i was wondering though, if i replaced the ignitor, cap and rotor? it would cost already up to 70 bucks. i thinkit would be best to just purchase a whole new distributor w/ warranty and all and that would cost around 140.

plus, i can save my old ignitor (which i only used for like 1 month)
      I <3 G60.

Comment

But does the new dizzy come with the cap and rotor? Most of the ones that I've bought in the past (not for Hondas though) haven't come with them. Especially OEM ones.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

But does the new dizzy come with the cap and rotor? Most of the ones that I've bought in the past (not for Hondas though) haven't come with them. Especially OEM ones.
          i was gonna get this one.
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i just want to make sure that it is absoltely the dizzy cuz if it isnt, id kill myself (not really) but id probably roll the car down the street and never see it again...
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            i was gonna get this one.
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i just want to make sure that it is absoltely the dizzy cuz if it isnt, id kill myself (not really) but id probably roll the car down the street and never see it again...
            with this kind of part, you would want to use factory parts. HONDA
            The beginning of a new era............................
            165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
            184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
              with this kind of part, you would want to use factory parts. HONDA
              would like to but the honda one doesnt come with warranty...still needs to transfer the coil from my old one. i dont want to deal with the hassle.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Dayum!!

This can't be right, but Majestic Honda list their price for the dist ass'y for a 1990 EX at $8812.33! If that dizzy on ebay has a good return ploicy, I would go for it. Just make sure you can return it if necessary or else you'll have to find someone else to buy it from you if you don't need it/can't use it...

Comment

anyone else?
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

This can't be right, but Majestic Honda list their price for the dist ass'y for a 1990 EX at $8812.33! If that dizzy on ebay has a good return ploicy, I would go for it. Just make sure you can return it if necessary or else you'll have to find someone else to buy it from you if you don't need it/can't use it...
                    i didnt believe this when i read it, so i had to go look...

low and behold

94671 004 1 DISTRIBUTOR ASSY. (TD-31U) (TEC) NO COLOR 11749.77 8812.33 Qty: 1

WOW..thats all i have to say. WOW

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
                      i didnt believe this when i read it, so i had to go look...

low and behold

94671 004 1 DISTRIBUTOR ASSY. (TD-31U) (TEC) NO COLOR 11749.77 8812.33 Qty: 1

WOW..thats all i have to say. WOW
                      For THAT price you could go buy another CB7, take out the dizzy and throw the rest away! lol

Comment

well, i bought the dizzy, ill let you guys know.

what sucks is my smog check is due in june and i have yet to get a carb legal intake
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

okay...i took off the cap and the leads were hella corroded. i tried to sand them off with sandpaper but it didnt help. what i started to notice also was that it was leaking major oil. it seemed to be dripping through the space between the tranny and block at the bottom. my friend says that it is the rear main crank shaft seal or something like that.

i am also leaking tranny fluid from the passenger side axle.

looks like ill be doing a major re-haul. fun.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

distributor king is the best, they are base out of canada i think.. best cheapest with cap and rotor. if you are a member at H-T you get a 10% discount... they have like 100 percent feedback on ebay
                            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                            X