SRS light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRS light

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to turn off that annoying SRS light without taking the dash apart. I have an aftermarket steering wheel and the damn light is always on. The DRL light has a fuse and I pulled that... but the SRS light stays on even when you pull the fuse for it... Any way to trick it?

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Disconnect the battery and unplug the airbag wiring harness located behind a panel on the bottom side of the steering wheel. Connect the harness to the red disable plug beside it.

Better yet, put your original wheel back on that has the airbag. It'll help keep you alive better than not having one in case of a front end collision.
    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
      Disconnect the battery and unplug the airbag wiring harness located behind a panel on the bottom side of the steering wheel. Connect the harness to the red disable plug beside it.

Better yet, put your original wheel back on that has the airbag. It'll help keep you alive better than not having one in case of a front end collision.
      No thanks!! I like my MOMO... airbags scare me more than crashing without one.
      As for the plug... I already have that thing rewired so my horn button would work, so I can't disable it that way. But I'll figure out which wires to 'short' so I won't need the disable red plug.

Comment

Its your car do what you want, but don't come crying about your missing teeth after you eat the steering wheel.

Safety first, style second... unless you like dentures, that is.

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
        2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I've got a solution for you. But you have to take out the dash because I have no idea how you can turn it off without messing something up on your car.
          I recently took apart my instument panel because all the gauges weren't functioning normally. All you have to do is take apart the dash and take out the instrument panel, unscrew all the screws and then take out which bulbs you don't want to light up. It is time consuming if its your first time and be careful not to break anything. good luck!

Rice or not. Cb7's will never die.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            go look up the stats on airbags.....they injure as many people as they save...
            Believe me, I know. In an accident as front passenger in my father's C280 about 7 yrs ago, and I ended up with a bloody lip from abrasions and a black eye for 10 days. Not fun, but I'm alive.

Comment

AIRBAGS. That $h|t is scary! We blew one up last week... Took a scrapyard airbag from a Neon (my buddy only needed the ignition keyhole from the steering column). Hooked up 4 sets of jumper cables (to have safe distance from the airbag when it deploys). Hooked it up to a battery and KABOOOM!!! Haha... the thing was on the floor upside down... When it deployed, it exploaded with dust and flew straight upwards hitting the ceiling of my buddy's shop and making a huge dent in the heater pipe... I always hated airbags, but after witnessing one go off... I wouldn't want my face in front of one. I'd rather knock my teeth out with my MOMO thank you very much!

Comment

same here. I've seen the damages those things do to people who would've otherwise been perfectly fine if only a bit shaken. Besides, dentures aren't so bad, and now they have those teeth they screw in and are permanent (anyone ever watch "The Swan"? They do it all the time). Having had one of my teeth busted out on a tile floor, I can say they are way overrated. Science has just made better sythetic teeth... along with titanium inserts in bones, you could almost be indestructable. Look out million dollar man, here I come!

- the writer of this post would like to inform you that his views are entirely satirical and not meant to be taken seriously. If you can't take the joke, go screw yourself.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
                We got something to say!
                Police this, condemn this, damn this
                We'll be heard anyway!
                Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDing2R
                  No thanks!! I like my MOMO... airbags scare me more than crashing without one.
                  As for the plug... I already have that thing rewired so my horn button would work, so I can't disable it that way. But I'll figure out which wires to 'short' so I won't need the disable red plug.
                  how did you make your horn work? care to share the info? i have a momo steering wheel as well but i cant figure out how to make the horn work.

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Originally posted by arrozburner
                    how did you make your horn work? care to share the info? i have a momo steering wheel as well but i cant figure out how to make the horn work.
                    There is a yellow plug in your steering column. The plug is used for horn, airbag, and cruise control buttons. Test with a wire or a voltmeter which hole in the plug is the horn. Extend a wire from it, to the back of your MOMO button and connect to positive. The big 19" bolt that holds the adapter in place is negative. Run another wire from the negative horn button plug and put it under that bolt. Some steering wheel horn buttons only have one plug in the back. The button itself already touches the adapter and it doesn't need a negative wire.
                    I'll post a more detailed diagram for you in the next couple days...

Comment

I may be wrong for 4th gen, but I believ on all 5th gen cars, if you remove the ABS or SRS bulbs, the car dings 10 times when you turn the key on. I know my turbo miata track car did it when I removed the SRS bulb. You may have to just remove the bulb, place some layers of electrical tape over the facing and reinstall the bulb Thats what I had to do, and by the way, FUCK airbags. On my 95 Lingenfelter Camaro the day thing never deployed anyway. SO to hell with them, they're unreliable all the time.
                      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. . . for those 56.7 seconds my Nike Shox are are laying the rubber to the asphalt. (Car to be born soon, should drop quarter times to about 15 secs or less SOHC all motor).

Comment

Working...
                      X