engine takes to long to shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine takes to long to shift

ive noticed when my 90 dx reaches high rpms it takes long for it to shift its an auto transmission ive noticed this when its goin from 3rd to 4th gear does ne one knoe wht causes this

get sponsored

low tranny fluid? bad TCM?

high rpms from 3rd to 4th gear? u must be doing like 80 or 90 when it shifts there

Comment

make sure not to flush the tranny tho just empty 75% of the fluid and add more and if that doesnt fix it like fizz said have you messed with the cable

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
      bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

yea i was doin like 90 cuz i was tryin to race my friend in his 95 civic it has a 2.2 vtec i knew i couldnt of beat him but i tryed ne way but yea i didnt mess with any of the cables and this week ill check the tranny fliud iz there a way that i can check that my self or do i have to bring it to a shop to do it

get sponsored

Comment

oo ok ima go take a look if it is bad can i change it my self i dont knoe much about this car yet so dont mind me asking all these simple questions

get sponsored

Comment

its not a h22 i knoe that so it must be a f22b yea if the car didnt take long to shift i could keep up with him he has a stick so he has more accel than me but i still try any way

get sponsored

Comment

yea its not an f22b its an f22a1

Comment

Originally posted by Drago742dx
                yea i was doin like 90 cuz i was tryin to race my friend in his 95 civic it has a 2.2 vtec i knew i couldnt of beat him but i tryed ne way but yea i didnt mess with any of the cables and this week ill check the tranny fliud iz there a way that i can check that my self or do i have to bring it to a shop to do it
                haha if ur flooring it at that high speed in 3rd it will take days for it to get to 4th gear.

usually after 5k rpm at 3rd gear i shift it to 4th in the auto...

for tranny fluid dude, you can change it urself, its like an oil change...but id do it, then drive it around for a bit, then do it again...cause the capacity of the tranny is 7 quarts, when u drain it your getting about 3 quarts out of it...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                X