Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam

To anyone who hasnt tried it i suggest you just go buy a bottle at autozone or something, it's like $5. I never wanted to try it cause from the way it sounded with everyone talking about it, it seemed like i would have to do cleaning, and that it was actually foam, that i would have to vacuum out. but i just poured some into my crankcase(where the oil goes) and into my gas tank. already notice a difference when i rev over 3k rpms it sounds alot smoother and doesnt sputter when the rpms drop.

You get even better results by cleaning out the intake tract and combustion chambers...

and ya gotta love that smoke screen...heh heh...

if you're lucky/unlucky and have alot of carbon it's like old skoo spyhunter...
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Oh and don't forget to change the oil ASAP...

I think that's what contributed to my oil cooler seal blowing out...

I had forgotten I put it in the crankcase and left it in for like 2-3 days... I was gonna change the oil that weekend anyways but I totally spaced it...
      RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Too bad I live in canada, can't find a bottle here.......

anyone want to ship it to me? lol

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

ok so i put about 6 ounces in the crankcase, should i change the oil today? also i didnt see any smoke, should there have been? maybe i didnt put enough in...cause i spilled some of the bottle when i opened it, then put 6 in the crank, and the rest in the tank. and how do i clean out the intake tract and combustion chambers?

Comment

Crap, i just changed my oil too, oh well, i should probably change it again, i think ill run some through my H22, it wouldnt hurt. Who knows how long that motor was sitting before i got it.

Comment

i'm scared now that the seafoam is gonna hurt my seals or something =(

Comment

Originally posted by jboyce
                ok so i put about 6 ounces in the crankcase, should i change the oil today?
                I'm just saying that you shouldn't go driving around beating on the motor all day or take a road trip with that stuff still in the crankcase... it thins the oil out alot... and it is corrossive... I'd change it in the next couple of days at least if you don't plan to do alot of driving...

also i didnt see any smoke, should there have been?
                Nah... Only when you suck it into the intake tract or put some in the combustion chambers... it's burning all the carbon & seafoam away...

how do i clean out the intake tract and combustion chambers?
                well the accepted way of putting it in the intake tract is to disconnect the brake booster vac line... the big one on the back of the manifold and have someone rev the motor to about 2500-3000 while you pour a tiny bit at a time into the vac hose with some sort of funnel, homemade, jerry rigged or otherwise... not too much at a time though... you don't want to bog down the motor or kill it... turn the motor off...let sit for 5-10 minutes... and then go drive the piss out of it... smoke city for blocks if you have alot of carbon... do this when the engine is up to operating temp...

* and the combustion chambers I would advise most people against personally because it takes a little time and is very easy to hydrolock the motor if you use too much... *

* So to anyone reading this... do it at your own risk.. if you bend valves, remember... I warned you... *

but to clean the chambers a bit more than just using vac... you can pull the plugs... and pour a capful or so directly into the combustion chambers... let it sit overnight at least... I let it sit for a couple days when I do it... the seafoam should drain past the rings after enough time... the longer it sits, the more will drain into the crankcase and hence the more you can use... ATF works too and is flammable I guess and it drains past the rings as well... or so I've heard but I've never tried ATF...

***But do it at your own risk... The danger of hyrdolock is very high and very real if you use too much and don't let it sit long enough... ***

Anyways though... I noticed a felt difference after doing just the chambers... and this is with semi regular use of seafoam in the traditional 3 ways reccomended on the bottle...alomst as much of a difference as doing the intake tract...

*Just be careful you fookers... don't blame me if something "happens"...I didn't make you pour the shit in there... *
                Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 05-08-2005, 01:52 PM.
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Alrite, my car has 142,000 miles on it. I received it 6 monthes ago, and since then I changed the oil about 2 times, and have started running GumOut Fuel injector cleaner almost every gas refill. Would my engine be able to use this and not die?

Comment

well i poured some in my tank, and the crankcase. but then i did the B.B line, and it barely smoked at all...it smoked a tiny bit the first time i revved it. then i gave it a spirited drive around. no smoke really.

maybe i didnt put enough in? felt kinda like 1/3 the bottle, but i only let it sit for about 5 minutes.

Comment

maybe not, I was about to say that when I do it, I don't really get much smoke out my exhaust...I would say I get none, but if I do, it's not noticeable..is it possible that my cat. conv. and/or my muffler is filtering it or......something....?

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

ok so i put about 6 ounces in the crankcase, should i change the oil today?
                        I emailed them in the past and I was told that you don't have to change your oil, but if you want to...you should change it around 25-50 miles after adding it to your crankcase (oil).

Comment

Man I have read to many posts about this stuff not to try it. I think i am going to go buy some. Maybe I can get a 3 pack on Ebay or something.

I'll let you guys know what happens

Comment

Working...
                          X