Driver's Door Won't Open F***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver's Door Won't Open F***

So yeah...as you can see from the title, my drivers door won't open. I think it has something to do with the lock mechanism, but I dunno.

Luckily I had the door panel off before the door jammed. I have full access to everything in the door. Does anyone have any tips to how to open the door. I have access to the door handle and can make it open and close, but I can't get the door to do anything.

The lock feels stiff like something's up in there. Can anyone help me get the door open? I don't feel like giving Honda 300+ to pop my door.

yea i had a similar problem when i had my 1990 gmc pickup but instead it wouldn't close you may have the same problem but with the door closed. what I had to do was take a screwdriver or something to use as a lever and keep jiggling the inside door handle while applying constand pressure on the clip that latches the door. try messing with it like that.
    Speed kills - save a life - drive a VW (i did and it saved me )

Comment

Wow you lucked out with this happening with the door panel already off, having to pull the door panel off with the door closed is the hardest part. Matter of fact, I had a laurel blue 90 Accord about a month ago with the same problem. First thing you have to do is pull on the lock rod to get it unlocked then you should just be able to pull the latch rod to open the door. If the rods are binding or stuck you just have to mess with them to get the door to pop.
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

In a worst case scenario where the latch mechanism is broken internally (apparently, it's quite common because the tab inside is made of plastic, happened to my driver's door last year ) check out this diy:
        http://www.autotech-elearning.com/fo...php?Number=320
        Right click and save as (it's a pdf file). Keep in mind it's for the driver's door as it's quite common I guess since it gets used the most so everything will be backwards on yours. This made popping the door open not so hard. I spent 10 hours trying to get it to open myself but after reading this, it only took 1/2 hour. On mine, the lever that unhooks the latch (connected to the out and inner door handles) was moving around freely so using a screwdriver on it did nothing.
        Last edited by YK86; 05-06-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X