oil sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil sensor

does anyone know if a oil sensor can leak oil??i have a 5 speed 91 sedan,wear is the oil sesor?and how hard is it to change,i think that is my oil leak because theres oil near/above the oil filter,but if the oil sensor was leaking would the oil light be on?i would rather have to replace the oil sensor and not the head gasket.

the oil sensor is a round thing directly above the oil filter. if it is indeed leaking from there try first to take it out and clean the thread..then put it back in and see if the leak comes back....
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks for the reply man,would you happen to know how much they go for and if its an easy job.thanks again.

Comment

they should last, i say take it out and clean it....then put it back in...perhaps there is a o-ring on it that you can just replace...

iono how much they cost...not many people buy those parts
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

i have looked around my engine and i cleaned it too but its hard to find the leak,problably is not the sensor if you have not heard of that before,its aroung the oil filter area,any ideas,could it be the head gasket?or ???????thanks for the reply

Comment

if just cleaning it isn't enough...
            you could always try a little teflon tape on the threads...

that's helped me out on a couple leaks I've had in the past...
            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

well if its around the oil filter, perhaps the oil filter isnt tight enough...usually a leak you can see a line if its from up top..like for example your oil pressure sensor..there would be a leak comming from that down...if not then thats not it.

if you see nothing comming from the top though then it may just be in that area...tighten the oil filter a little....clean around...drive and check again for leaks....

if u use teflon....be careful not to let it come off haha..there is something called umm...its for threadded fittings....usually for air or gas lines....its like plummers glue...its blue...makes a nice seal

Retro!

Hater

Comment

thanks for the reply's i will clean it again and start from there.thanks

Comment

Working...
                X