Winter problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter problems

My 4g has some major probs i need help . When i start the car to warm it up the car will rev up and down over and over even when i stop while driving it. Then i cant get it to start now when i try to start it it sounds like everything is being surged with electricity and every thing will flicker light exc... But the worst thing is when i get a block away from the house the engine heat indicater is going past high.. This all jus started happening this winter.. SO if anyone knows what i can do to fix these probs please let me know.

the reving up and down is probably your EGR valve i had the same problem 3 tears ago and i changed it and had no more problems after 3 years its now starting to do it again.
    Last edited by Legacy Accord; 12-17-2003, 07:41 PM.

Comment

check throttle cable #1.. Check alternator #2 that could cause the surging..... Check the EGR... and also check the timing belt.. whens the last time you had the timing belt changed>

Comment

thermostat going high is your thermostat...when was the last time that was replaced? my may be failing...just better hope its not your water pump NOT working...you got coolant in your system right? 50/50 or 60/40 mixture?

check your alternator connection and then your battery connectors. inspect your distribitor/cap/rotor/spark plugs/sparks as well.

revvin can be your EGR...when was your last smog....if it was recent, look at your Nox levels....that can tell you if your EGR may be going away....

sometimes a idle too high can produce that revvin up and down...with the engine idling bad...turn the screw for the idle downwards and see if it goes away....if not then thats not the problem. if it does go away bring it up just slightly and put it at spec (850 rpm). btw what are you idling at?

next time the idle goes up and down try to pull back on the gas if you can, sometimes if there is slack in the line it will do that...if it doesnt do anything then you have no slack in your throttle cable.

inspect the deflection of the throttle cable as well...

TUNE UP!
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

definately take it in for a tune up at the dealer they will do it all good and youl be runnin like brand new man

Comment

Working...
          X