seafoam good vs. evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seafoam good vs. evil

I'm not sure what to make of this stuff; I have a bottle sitting right next to me and kinda thinking about using it...
    Can anybody debunk what I have heard?
    Clogs cat? Fudged up O2 sensor?

Also with the crank case thing, will it cause your oil to foam, breaking down additives and what not? Or should you not drive your car with it in the oil, as opposed to when it’s in your intake / CC
    dirty accord->
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...threadid=13407
    crappy website

i don't want you to get in trouble, but there are posts on this, someone said it made their engine switch into reverse (the engine, not the trans, get it?) and totally fuXorred their engine.....however, that one horror story aside, I've used it many times, as have many, many others with no problems

***Here is the link, in case you "Searched, but didn't find anything."
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=seafoam
    Last edited by accordaffair; 05-03-2005, 02:59 AM.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yea...dont pour the WHOLE bottle into the (wutever you call it) hose...

i only did about a 1/4 to a third. i immediately changed my o2 sensor, plugs and cat after i did mine...so that is why i did it.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

used properly it's great and you notice a difference...

used improperly it can be evil...

and it can also help along other problems you didn't even know you had...

but in a good condition motor... it's great...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

yeah i read about that motor that was thrown into reverse, searched here, accordingly done, accord tuner etc etc i was just wondering if these were isolated things... from hydro locking the engine to having it shoot oil everywhere.
          im scared!
          dirty accord->
          crappy website

Comment

I think they are remote, and most likely due to user error. It's like everything else in this world. If you use it improperly, who knows what could happen. But I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I've never lost any sleep after using it. It's just as dangerous as motor oil. If you don't know what you're doing and you put in like 9 quarts, then yeah your engine will be fukt, but the majority of people know better.

Sorry about the speech but I really think you shouldn't worry.

(Now watch him blow up his engine tomorrow and sue me or something )

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
            where you been, is something wrong?
            i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

im shooting for hydrolock! but i did read about your intake swap/seafoam party... and im feeling crazy.. i trust you accordaffair
              dirty accord->
              crappy website

Comment

do little amounts at a time. Stick the booster hose in the bottle for a second and take it out real fast keeping your finger over the booster hose. Do this every 30 seconds until your neighborhood is covered in white smoke!

Comment

i put it in the brake booster line, if i feel as though im flooding it i rev the engine a bit to keep it going and take it in, then i stop and revv out the motor then do it again..

then i spray inside the throttle body area revv it....let it idle for a bit

then i shut it down spray the throttle plate down and scrub if i have to, then spray inside a bit and let it sit, then i start after like 5 minutes then let it heat up for a minute then revv the shit out of the motor.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Its a good idea to replace your plugs after seafoam, because it gizzes them pretty bad

Comment

Working...
                    X