an effective way to shift when racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an effective way to shift when racing

i tried this method today and it seems to pull hard but im not sure if im actually being quicker or not

in 1st i would floor it then i would let go of the gas a little till it hits around 5k rpm and shift into 2nd n floor it n did the same to 3rd is this slowing me down? because it feels so much faster

quit smokin the tweek man
    fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

What exactly is your setup if its stock please stop racing it. and shouldnt this be in off-topic or the racing forum?

Comment

i/h/e ,cams

Comment

so you mean shifting a little earlier? it just seems quicker cause your shifting a little earlier before the engine starts to loose a little steam

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

if memory serves me right, a few people on the board also shift a little early. have you ever notice 5-6.5k the f series is only good for making alot noise. thats what i noticed w/ I/H/E. back when i had nitrous (125 shot ) i pulled great between 5 and 6.5k.
            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Originally posted by velocityCB7
              i/h/e ,cams

cams so u have a swap??? or WTF? im this is I dont know so wait your trying to

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
              bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

all these
                now im starting to get
                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                  cams so u have a swap??? or WTF? im this is I dont know so wait your trying to

thats pretty funny man.. lmao
                  http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

well im gonna assume you mean you have a CAM, and shifting early is not going to make you faster.

Comment

Maybe he's speed shifting (no clutch)

Comment

not speed shifting, yes shifting a little earlier, and sorry i don't have cams i met cam gears lol, no motor swap just running my f22a6

Comment

well when u shift early in first its gunna bring the revs down a bit when u hit second, if u shift late in first then the revs will be high in second and this is important. 2nd is a very inportant gear when racing like a 1/4 mile or so in a 4cyl. it pulls real hard in our cars and if u shift early and bog down in 2nd u will lose easy.

Comment

yeah shifting form 1st to 2nd early may feel faster, but its not, it just feels a little torquer i guess. hey what rpm do you guys land 2nd in when racing

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

what where the engine specs for our cars? and most torque? maybe that'll help u..

cuz u know peak power at certian revs.
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X