Installing camber kit questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing camber kit questions.

OK i got a few questions i hope people can help. Im installing a camber kit, the type that goes between the front anchors the ones that attach to the Upper control arm and attach to the chassis, so do i have to take off the upper control arm, or can i just replace the old front anchors and leave the control arm on?

Also when i jack up the car, there is not enough room to put a jack and jackstand under, where should i be jacking from what location thanks.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Originally posted by starchland
    OK i got a few questions i hope people can help. Im installing a camber kit, the type that goes between the front anchors the ones that attach to the Upper control arm and attach to the chassis, so do i have to take off the upper control arm, or can i just replace the old front anchors and leave the control arm on?

Also when i jack up the car, there is not enough room to put a jack and jackstand under, where should i be jacking from what location thanks.

never had that type of camber correction

but if ur cars to low i use a 88 monte carlow LEAVE ITY JACK it drops downt o 1 1/2" clearance and junk yards got em for like $5-$10

Comment

just jack the car up where youre SUPPOSED to jack it up at on the side where the jack points are..

and just take off the two bolts that hold the control arm (the ones you are replacing), pull the control arm down and swing it around and there ya go.. its very simple.. plus there should be directions with the kit...

Comment

^^^ what he said. what brand is that you got there?
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

^^^ thats what i was going to ask...never seen anything like that...and remember to put thread lock on the bolts before you put the nuts on (the ones that connect to the chassis of the car)...believe me you need it

Originally posted by fizzbob7
          first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
          Originally posted by ACC0RD22
          no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
          So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Its Obx, didnt come with instructions. Im just wondering because jacking it up should i use a jackstand cause theres not enough room on the jack point...

Comment

you can always resort to the old jack...that would def. fit under the jack points. i think i know what you mean though, put the jack on one of the support beams or things that go across the car and have the jackstand under the support position.

i didnt use any jackstand, just put my hydraulic jack under the car and left it there, i know it is dangerous but oh well.

i have a cheapy camber kit and when you try to correct the camber all the way...the arms will bang against the wheel well. i even tried to shave off some of the arm but didnt help. what i just did is just push the camber all the way back so it corrected a tiny bit yet still doesnt bang. probabl not too harsh ont he tires...
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

what kind do you have? and whats your spring shock setup?

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  what kind do you have? and whats your spring shock setup?
                  i have some generic ebay brand that has lifetime warranty.
                  H&r springs (2.2/2")

cuz when i pull the camber all the way out, the arms would bang so hard, it would actually re-adjust the settings and my toe would be off and everything would be all crazy so i just put it as negative as i can...which doesnt even look too bad.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                  X