Oil in my spark plug tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil in my spark plug tube

Hey guys has anyone ever had this problem ? I was changing my plugs and wires yesterday and two of my plugs came out with oil on and around the threads of the spark plugs, what do I need to fix this problem? The car is been running great I just felt they needed to be changed. Give me some help here please! Thanks guys!

search is your buddy:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=spark+tube

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

Originally posted by bruce20636
      Hey guys has anyone ever had this problem ? I was changing my plugs and wires yesterday and two of my plugs came out with oil on and around the threads of the spark plugs, what do I need to fix this problem? The car is been running great I just felt they needed to be changed. Give me some help here please! Thanks guys!
      i would replace your spark plug tube seals first befor replacing the rocker arm seals. go to the nearest honda dealer and buy it there. it dont cost much, maybe 3 bucks each. you sill need 4. just take off your valve cover and flip it around and you will see it right there. good luck.
      The beginning of a new era............................
      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Originally posted by jhondayaaj
        i would replace your spark plug tube seals first befor replacing the rocker arm seals. go to the nearest honda dealer and buy it there. it dont cost much, maybe 3 bucks each. you sill need 4. just take off your valve cover and flip it around and you will see it right there. good luck.
        rocker arm seals?

just hit up autozone or the like and get a whole valve cover gasket set.. its only like 15 bucks max and it has all the gaskets you need..

Comment

Originally posted by bruce20636

yeah just get a new valve cover gasket..........thats the problem.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
          91 accord lx (5spd)
          92 accord lx (5spd)
          93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Are you sure you installed it all correctly? If you look in it there oil on the top? or is it comming in from the bottom. I would double check because if theres any leaks then that will be your problem

Comment

There's four seals on top of the tubes, sometimes those need to be replaced, but that wouldn't allow oil onto the threads. Neither would the rocker arm seals(yes, they're real). So what you might have a problem with is blow-by, oil coming from around your pistons. I believe that's the problem I have, because I replaced all the seals when I installed my cam.
              -Jay

Comment

i had this same problem, so i got some new spark plug cylinder seals and threw them in, and they still didnt fix it 100%, so i threw some of that orange sealant around them, put on my valve cover and presto, great fix ofr like 20 bucks, only prob is that if you ever need to take off ur valve cover after doing this it is going to cost you another 20 and so on! still will fix your problem tho...

also, think the oil on the threads could just be from taking the spark plug out of the head and it being drug through the oil in the tube?? just an idea
                My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by Mista Juice
                  rocker arm seals?

just hit up autozone or the like and get a whole valve cover gasket set.. its only like 15 bucks max and it has all the gaskets you need..
                  your rocker arms got some o rings or rubber seals on the bottom of the rocker arms. i wouldn't replace it if you are not familiar with the rocker arms. just like a regular rubber o ring, it can get old and start to crack. not very common though.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

My first comment is fizzbob's: HERE

My second comment is that everybody that has posted in this thread needs to read the original post in my DIY spark plug tube seal replacement HERE or just look in my signature to find it. I've had it in my sig since Summer 04, and it hasn't gone anywhere since then.
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

your rocker arms got some o rings or rubber seals on the bottom of the rocker arms. i wouldn't replace it if you are not familiar with the rocker arms. just like a regular rubber o ring, it can get old and start to crack. not very common though.
                      i wasnt saying they dont exist, i simply meant that no one even mentioned anything about rocker arm seals..

and accordianate.. you actually made a diy on spark plug seals??.. hmm.. well i guess there ARE some people on this site that wouldnt be able to figure it out huh...

Comment

check accorddiante's diy man
                        I hate thieves!

Comment

Nope, this will NOT fix the problem. How many times do we have to go over this people....IT IS THE LOWER TUBE SEALS THAT LEAK!!! You have to pull off the rockershafts and replace the lower o-rings. ACCORDianate replaced the ones on his car last year and he made a very good DIY so everyone go check it out.
                          00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

down sides for not replacing the seals?
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                              down sides for not replacing the seals?
                              The oil will destroy the spark plug wires. They swell up and split open causing severe missfires. Trust me, I've seen this alot.
                              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Working...
                              X