tranny swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny swap

just removed the auto tranny in my 96 accord i have a used one to go in but just left of the starter hole is a device that looks like a pump with two hoses coming out of it my original one doesnt have this is this tranny the same. what years are swappable. the guy i bought it off of said 94 thru 97 4cyl 2.2l are all swappable. helpppp

pics maybe?

all i can think of is if its a vtec engine but no i dunno thats strange man pics please!
    ]

Comment

adding

the engine is a non-vtech 2.2l. the device looks like a fuel pump could it be for a trans cooler. the two hoses are the size of fuel line but i dont think thats what they are. the tranny case code on the new one is mp1a
      my old one is boya are these interchangeable if so what do i have to chnage over?

Comment

i think the tranny is out of a prelude i saw some pics of one and it looks the same. the bolt holes and everything else match up except that piece on the left it does have an elerical connection. can i just switch my part out with it?

Comment

Originally posted by detargett
          just removed the auto tranny in my 96 accord i have a used one to go in but just left of the starter hole is a device that looks like a pump with two hoses coming out of it my original one doesnt have this is this tranny the same. what years are swappable. the guy i bought it off of said 94 thru 97 4cyl 2.2l are all swappable. helpppp
          the 2 lines are tranny cooling lines both auto and manuel have them

any motor tranny combo f and h from 90-01 will bolt together the 98+ some have a computer

Comment

ok now what

i thought it might be coolerlines but since n=mine didnt have these extra
            hoses and i have nothing to hook them upto what do i do with them. do i remove the unit and replace it wjth what is on the old one or do i leave it alone and just dont hook it up.

Comment

could it be the abs pump?

Originally posted by fizzbob7
              first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
              Originally posted by ACC0RD22
              no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
              So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

that's a good suggestion but 1 question if that is what it is and my car doesnt have antilock brakes can i remove it and just put the old switch on this one.

Comment

i wouldnt see why not...you cant use it so theres no point in having it there

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
                  Originally posted by ACC0RD22
                  no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
                  So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Working...
                  X