Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!!

I have done a search...so dont flame me or anything....i put in new battery new terminals, and car has radio, windows, and all power, but the car wont even turn over...no clicking from starter....nothing. You turn the key and everything shuts off for that split second and the car jus sits there...i dont know what is wrong. I put in new slave cylinder for clutch yesterday and it worked fine till last night. And now that i am workin on it i still cant figure it out. PLEASE HELP!!

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
    So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

I'd check your alternator or distributer probably. When my distributer was going out, it wouldnt turn over after I ran it for awhile, as in not even click over. I'd ask a pro on here.

Comment

if you dont hear the clicking from the starter it might be that...but then everything shuts off when you turn it over so it might be something as simple as needing a new battery...take the battery to auto zome or something and they could check it for free to see if its still good...if not, they could recharge for free as well

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
      Originally posted by ACC0RD22
      no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
      So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

Just try to jump it first. What kind of new terminals do you have? make sure connections are tight, and all grounds are on good. If you can, take off the new terminals and see if thats the problem.

Comment

ahh!! i jus got new battery today and when i go to turn it on everything stays on when i turn the key back to normal....so i still dont know...and i think im pulling a code 12 not sure....cuz it was my abs light blinking not my cel light...the cel light stays on....then the abs light starts flashing...one long pause 2 short which is 12 which is egr....but supposidly the car still runs eventhough egr is messed up right?? This sux so bad i work 60 hrs a week and need my car.

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

so does it run or not??

Comment

no it does nothing, jus turn the key and nothing...all the dash lights come on, radio, clock, jus no turning no crank, no clicking from starter. Nothing.

Comment

make sure the terminals are on all the way..meaning u slid them all the way...and they arent loose...neg terminal on last..ionno if that has any effect or anything;..i ahd the same problem..jsut keep trying to start it..let it rest..then keep trying..do that ever 5 min or so...and like turn it and dont elt go...see if that helps

Comment

stick or auto? did all the lights and whatnot work b4 the new battery?

If you can, have someone tap the starter body w/a hammer while you are turning the car on. If it starts when they tap it, you'll need a new starter.

If its a stick, try to push start it, could be the clutch switch.

Comment

aight ill have to wait till my bro gets home before we can push start or tap on the starter...yeh its stick....thanks for everyone trying to help me with this one....i also checked plugs and wires and redid (made sure terminals were secure and tight) the battery terminals. All the lights did work and so did my radio before the new battery went in. I dont care about the battery it was over 4 yrs old anyways and the posts were messed up so i figured it was a 60 bux well spent even if i didnt really need it. Im runnin out of sunlight please keep bringin any suggestions...thanks again...i keep runnin in and out to check up..

Comment

sorry for stupid question...whats a clutch switch??

Comment

Its a switch at the top of the clutch pedal, it makes sure the clutch is engaged when you try to start the car. If you dont press in the clutch, the car will not start. If the little washer on that switch breaks, it cant turn the switch on, so the car will not start.

Have you noticed any blue plastic stuff on the carpet under the dash?

Comment

Havent seen any blue plastic...lemme go check to see...i think i know what ur talkin about the clutch switch...cuz i did my master cylinder like 6 months ago.

Comment

its similar to the brake switch that tells the car when to light up the brake lights. Its like a 2-3" goldish cylinder at the top of the pedal w/ a wire connector to it.

Comment

here's the deal...went out to check the clutch switch everything looked legit according to the pic in haines...so i tried...nothing. went out banged the starter...got in...vroooom...so i guess its time for a starter...right??

Comment

Working...
                              X