car wouldnt turn over, then did...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car wouldnt turn over, then did...

well ive had my car for about a year now and have never had any problems starting it...then today when i left school it wouldnt turn over...i tried twice and the starter would just keep running but it wouldnt turn over...so i called my dad and when he told me he was on his way to get me, i tried it again and this time it turned over! since then ive turned it off and started it with no problems about 4 times...

so what do you guys think the deal would be for it to not start and then outta no where be fine again?...when driving the car i havent had any problems which would indicate the fuel pump or spark plugs being bad...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

Does it ever die while you're driving? When does it seem to do it the most, when the car is warm or cold?
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

it never dies when im driving...and this is the first time it hasnt started...

Comment

hmm, possible main relay. BTW, where in Texas are you?
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

dfw...pardon my noobie question but what exactly does the main relay do?

Comment

bumpppppp

Comment

The main relay sends power the the fuel pump and starter. It's very common for them to go bad due to cracked solder joints. Common symptoms include turning the key: 1)having nothing happen 2)turns over but doesn't start (no power to fuel pump). There was a thread a few days ago about the relay. Try a search and read up on the results. Sooner or later, you'll have to fix the relay anyways (easy to fix if you can solder).

Comment

u listen for the fuel pump when u put it in on position and u will hear a whine for 2 seconds.

does it crank or just cranks slow or wut.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well the problem hasnt happened since but when it did it cranked just fine but it wouldnt turn over...like you guys sugessted it sounded as if the engine wasnt getting any fuel, so ill have to check on that relay when i get a chance

thanks guys

Comment

just listen for that fuel pump, if u dont hear it its the main relay going on ya.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                    X