No announcement yet.

PISS BUT KINDA NOT....CARS DOWN AGAIN.....kinda long story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily, none of mine have broke either... but I was told i needed to replace mine and bought it and about 6 months later had it installed, heard the sound it made the whole time,. luckily i was away and only drove my car a few times during those months...something i wouldnt mess around with though...

Comment

I have worked on several 4th gens that have had the lower ball joints break out and now mine has begun to make a noise from the drivers side front tire that sounds to me like a ball joint developing slop. I'm going to check them on Monday and replace them if necassary.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

I've done alot of suspension work myself on our 4th gens & many of our family cars. I've heard of two friends that had tie rods break on them & their wheel kicked sideways, but they both were luckily going 45 mph or below so they somehow got it under control. These were both domestics.

Anyhow, like Busted said, if ur tie rod, lower or upper ball jt go...they will all create similar probs cuz ur wheel is held in place by these connection points. Ball joints go bad if u have a crack in the boot & crud gets inside & wears the joint, overstress it, or it fatigues over time. My advice is, if you have a crack in the boot & much of the grease seems to be gone, replace it. Keep track of your shit & when you replaced what last....hence my spreadsheets for every one of our cars.

tie rod ends are cheap & no excuse for not replacing them, upper ball jts come in the upper arm assembly...it costs like $150 from Honda...don't bother..I bought one from Autozone @ $75 a piece ...they were well-made and Japanese as well. Lower ball jts are the bitch & if you don't have right tools....have a shop do it.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

My passenger side ball joint happened to me by suprise because they replaced it a few days before hand, and that axel never did anything funny. Im still scared to this day that it will happen again. I have'nt driven hard since. Once it happens, you cant move the car. It moves slightly but you will cause more harm then good trying to get it to the side. It was the lower one by the way.

Comment

well fellas....

got it fixed, it was the lower ball joint, snaped
            cost 22bux at autozone with LW.
            put it on in like 15 minutes.
            still dont kno how the car drives yet because of the power issue.
            so the cars still on the tow truck.
            the batterys died, i had my other cb7 with me so i took that battery out (it was the originall battery i had in my car before my battery in my other cb7 died).
            the car starte fine, so i took the died battery and tried it in the dialy driver car and it did nuffin.
            so i kno the batteries died but why, im not sure. i never had this problem with the battery i put in my dialy driver, even when my car was sitting for a month, it cranked, so im gona take the died battery back, get the regular size battery for the honda accord, let the car warm up for a minute and do the backyard mechanic check for the alternator, if its that then im a just get another one.

but yeah check ur ball joints, i didnt kno exactly what it was but it was making almost a dry/rusted/need lub type sound when i turn the wheel

but like i said, we'll see how it goes tomorrow.........
            Last edited by theone; 12-14-2003, 02:41 AM.
            NEED RAP BEATS.....

www.soundclick.com/akcidentaltrakz

Comment

22 dollars? whats LW? 15 minutes? Im going to kill my mechanic for charging me over a hundred dollars. From now on im doing everything myself!!!!!!

Comment

yeap, LW = life time warrantee

my friend put it on for 40bux so i spent 62 all together.

drove it and it rides fine now
                also did the alternator test and yes.....its shot
                damn, now i got to get another one of those. i unhooked the battery sense its new so it wouldnt get drain, so im just gona let it sit til i get the alternator

but yeah guys, thanks for the luv, and make sure u all change EVERYTHING for ur suspension to make sure its up to par. i kno the next time i get paid im change just about everything on both sides and on both cars.
                thats nuffin to play with
                NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

my 91 just started having the same power issue you were talking about, only just when the engine was starting to cut out, the alt. seemed to "wake up" and charged the system back up. I installed a volt meter.. it at times goes to 13.5v and usially stays around 12.5v... at times at a stop light goes down to 11 something... and the batt light never comes on... so im thinkin alternator....
                  Seattle Silver crew #5
                  Member of the Midwest Car Club.
                  ..........2004 accord ex v6 - J30A4.......................... 91 accord ex - JDM H22A -- Long gone...

Comment

yeah, im a change my belt, then do the test again.
                    my alternator/belt and PSpump/belt has been removed twice in the last 6 months plus its been on there forever, so its about do for a change, but if its not that im a just get the new alternator
                    NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

just finish changing my alternator belt and..................

thats what it was, i brought a new belt and i tighten the shit out of it.
                      it had a lot of slack in it at first

i warmed the car up and tried the backyard alternator test again and it ran perfect.
                      even unscrewed the screw for the battery in the fuse box area and the car still ran, im gona keep doing the test all week to make sure its str8
                      NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

update on this.....again....lol

well, it was the alternator.
                        yestreday while coming home the damn lights started to go out again, so im like SHIT!!! i have to pick my kids up and get home, damn i hope it down cut off on me.
                        so i get to my mothers house, work on it for 1-2hours. basically working on the terminals (cause those where very tore up).

i got the car home, did the test again and .........the car cut off.
                        did it again and.......it cut off again, so i said f it.
                        called my cousin, told him i need the alternator, went to get it today along with manifold, put the alternator on and change the terminals (looks way better). now car runs fine, did the test and no voltage drop.

glad i got that out the way (its to cold to be out there messin with the car
                        NEED RAP BEATS.....

Comment

tell me about it all that fuckin cold metal winsheer and wind chill. I had to change my oil today just imagine how i feel hds all numb and shit

Comment

Working...
                          X