CB7 is backfiring!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 is backfiring!!!

Damn! After I fixed my camber kit issue, I checked my oil level and it was kinda low (my head gasket isn't the best). So I put in a quart of 5w-30 Pennzoil and drive off to my girl's house. 5 minutes later, I felt like second gear was stuttering (in my automatic). Then I picked up my girlfriend and 15 minutes later; all hell broke loose. My car started backfiring and misfiring from there on. I thought it was a spark plug issue so I went to Autozone and got some new oil and spark plugs. I went home to change my oil and spark plugs and problem still persists. Now I'm rolling around with my car farting out the exaust. Somebody please help!

By the way; my spark plug wires, dizzy cap, and rotor is 3 weeks old. Cap and rotor is from Autozone and wires are 8.5mm Jacobs Electronics.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Oh yeah, I also thought it could be water in the fuel system so I got a bottle of Isoheet fuel line water remover. I don't know how long it takes for it to work but it hasn't made any improvement yet.

Comment

Yes, the wires are in correctly. Everything was fine until I added that quart of oil; IMO. But my car ran fine up until the camber kit bolt broke; which after I fixed, should not even have caused a problem like this.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        coil maybe?

wires on correctly?
        You meant the ignition coil right? Inside the dizzy?

Comment

My CB was backfiring before the 02 sensor went out...yours might be on its way. The problem stopped when the CEL came on.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hey mines s tick and it back fires every time i shift, or at least when its at higher rpm's. i think mine is just running rich cuz im running a a6 motor with a1 ecu, either that or my cap and wires and shit need replacing.
            I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Comment

mine did the exact same thing i changed everything and couldnt find what the problem was.

until i took out the whole intake assembly and looked at my throttle body, my was it dirty i jus wiped off all the black around it started and it ran fine

Comment

Could the fuel injectors cause this problem? I had my motor running today and then I pulled the spark plug wires out one by one. When I pull 1,2,and 4 out, the motor starts shaking. Then when I pulled 3 out, nothing happened. The motor kept it's idle when I pulled plug #3 out. Does this mean anything?

Comment

personnally, i like HONDA factory parts. i will pay the money. quality not quantity. but back to the subject, check your distributor rotor and make sure that isn't loose.
                  The beginning of a new era............................
                  165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                  184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Maybe bad compression?

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                      that means that your problem is within the plug or wire of that cylinder more than likely....and what'd you pull them out with? not good to do that, it makes the wires weaker every time and it may shock the shit out of you too lol

get a different wire and plug on that cylinder and make sure it's in the cap really good
                      I didn't know that you could really actually get shocked... could you?

Comment

Originally posted by headbussaboi
                        I didn't know that you could really actually get shocked... could you?
                        hell ya itll light your ass up pretty good!! be careful. Mine did that for a while too...it was stuttering when i kept it at a constant speed....couldnt figure it out....so i just replaced everything when i put my turbo in.

Comment

you wanna find out,,,,,??????? have somone stupid hold the spark plug wire on the end where it goes on to the spark plug and crank over the engine.. you will laugh your ass off if it shocks the hwll out of them. i did that on accident once to myself."ouch!"
                          The beginning of a new era............................
                          165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                          184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Damn guys... my mechanic said it's the head gasket going out. That really sucks because I just spent $4600 in the last 6 months trying to get this bitch together for this summer. Oh well, I'm gonna fix it and give it to my girlfriend. I'm never gonna sell my car because I love it too much. It's been with me since 2000. Hopefully I get another cb7. Let's see...

Comment

Working...
                            X