Napa Synthetic Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Napa Synthetic Oil

Napa is running a sale on their synthetic oil again, price is $2.99/qt; i understand that there might be folks who will prefer other brands of oil and that is fine but for this is for those of us with multiple cars and lengthy monthly commutes.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

I wonder who's the OEM for their oil...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

napa oil

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
      I wonder who's the OEM for their oil...
      [/URL]

Comment

is it an online only special or can you buy it in store?

I guess I'll stock up 10 qts for my LS400 DD so I'll be set for awhile

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          is it an online only special or can you buy it in store?

It is a running special until the end of the month at stores, stores have a limit depending on whether they are independently owned but turns out i work less than 2 miles from the Houston warehouse so when i asked the nice lady what the limit was she replied "as many as you need". I was in Hearn Tx and the owner of the store told me he could only do 5 qts

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post

[/URL][/IMG]

I am definitely set for the next year, oil and filters are like toilet paper; you know you will be using it no matter what so if i can buy in bulk and save some money i always do.

[/URL]

[/URL]

Comment

I wonder if it's identical to Valvoline's own products. I bet it is!

I'm lazy. I go to a Shell Rapid Lube to get my oil done. Got in the habit of it when I was driving my Fit up to 2000 miles per week. I didn't want to take my precious time off to change my oil, which usually takes me well over an hour from start to finish (including buying the oil, disposing of the old oil, cleaning up, and poking around under the car to see what could be wrong...) A 20 minute drive to a place a trust, using fluids I trust, and getting in and out in 10 minutes... well worth my time and money! My Fit got pretty famous with those guys, too!
              Now, I just take all my cars there. I swear by Shell's synthetic for performance engines or engines that get a long change interval. I use their regular stuff for my Miata.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I wonder if it's identical to Valvoline's own products. I bet it is!

I'm lazy. I go to a Shell Rapid Lube to get my oil done. Got in the habit of it when I was driving my Fit up to 2000 miles per week. I didn't want to take my precious time off to change my oil, which usually takes me well over an hour from start to finish (including buying the oil, disposing of the old oil, cleaning up, and poking around under the car to see what could be wrong...) A 20 minute drive to a place a trust, using fluids I trust, and getting in and out in 10 minutes... well worth my time and money! My Fit got pretty famous with those guys, too!
                Now, I just take all my cars there. I swear by Shell's synthetic for performance engines or engines that get a long change interval. I use their regular stuff for my Miata.
                Hell for $2.99 a qt is hard to get even regular oil so i stock up any time i can.
                I do ALL my own work, i know there are very knowlegeable guys at shops that know more than me but i know that My life matters to me more than to anyone else therefore i try and triple check everything. I found caliper bracket bolts held on by no more than a couple threads on a car that i purchased in the past that were serviced exclusively by upscale shops around the galleria area of houston.

Comment

Yeah, I've had a good deal of work done by professionals that was absolutely shoddy. My favorite mechanic, who is also my friend's dad, has done some questionable work on my car. He's honest, but so far he's replaced a brake line that ended up rubbing an axle, and installed an axle without replacing the seal (this is in my CTS-V... rear axle needed a seal, and by neglecting to replace it, it leaked... I'm glad I caught it before I grenaded my diff!)

that was one thing I liked about the CB7. I may not know more about cars than a professional, but I'm pretty sure I know more about the CB7 specifically. If I don't know, I have ample resources to learn, and I know enough to know what to ask.

Still, for an oil change, I prefer something quick done by someone I can trust not to strip my drain plug. As long as they do that right, we're good! Still, I do agree, that price is REALLY hard to beat!

Comment

Working...
                  X