Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Code 90?

Good Morning,

I think I'm getting the ECU code 90. It's kind of hard to tell when the blinks restart, so I thought about it and figured it could only be these 2 things 10 or 90. 1 or 9 long blinks and a slight delay at the end of 9 so like I said I'm not sure which but I think 9.

I used to have a problem with my ECT Sensor along with my IAT Sensor but both are replaced and it turned out to be a harness that was bad so I'm really leaning on it being code 90.

I've talked about my car having bog issues where I've fixed it, well it seems come and go, so I guess I never really fixed it but I'm really leaning on it being a vacuum leak and can't really pinpoint where it's coming from. When car is cold or on really cold days car runs great, when car warms up or on hot days car bogs between 1800-2300 rpms it seems like and will actually miss from time to time between that range.

Here's my question where or what is this: "Evaporative Emission Control System leak detected in the fuel tank area"

Note for question above, I've mentioned a "Groaning Noise" coming from my tank area before, and I was told from the forum it's "fuel pressure being released" I don't know if maybe this has anything to do with it?

One more note not sure if this helps as well. While using Cruise on the highway it will cut out when trying to pull up a hill or sometimes just when it feels like it. Never did this before started about 2 months ago. I'm really thinking a vacuum leak.
    Last edited by BreckAConner; 11-30-2016, 03:31 PM.
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Heh, your gas cap probably isn't tightened all of the way. Always remember to turn it at least 3 clicks.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Heh, your gas cap probably isn't tightened all of the way. Always remember to turn it at least 3 clicks.
      Oh trust me, I tighten it down.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Lines going to the charcoal canister could be a potential source.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Lines going to the charcoal canister could be a potential source.
          Thanks Deeves, I'm going to try and replace the charcoal canister and lines, see if that helps.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

It's easier than doing anything with the fuel pump (once you've ensured your gas cap is sealing properly, that is!) If that doesn't work, it may be something in the tank or hard lines. I honestly have never once seen an instance of code 90 before, but I suppose as these cars get older, less common problems will start to emerge.
            You may have a leaky line, you may have a crack somewhere around the filler neck, or the sensor itself may be going bad. Start with the easy stuff and work your way up to the more complicated stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X