weird problem after radiator install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird problem after radiator install

i swap radiators..very easy only took little 30mins........but while i was tighten up.. a big clould of white smoke came from the a wire that went from the right side of valve cover to the intake manifold i guess it's a ground wire(i don't know) but i drove it and it feels like don't have the same thottle responce as before ..vtec works but i just don't get there like i did before it feels like something is holdin back

this is the wire above
    "Know Your Rank"

Try replacing that ground wire. I had a wrx and noticed a difference in throttle response after putting in a ground wire kit. Im guessing you fried that wire.
    89 Accord LXi - 1st car, still have it as a beater
    93 Accord SE - High School Car, dad still drives it
    02 WRX Wagon - my 1st real car....RIP (01-04)
    02 IS300 5sp - the yellow monster

Comment

Originally posted by idriveaaccordse
      Try replacing that ground wire. I had a wrx and noticed a difference in throttle response after putting in a ground wire kit. Im guessing you fried that wire.
      thanks man i'll try doing that today.....i'll let u know how it goes
      "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Im the man i fixed it .......... i replace that wire and i clean my air filter now we're rollin smooth...
        "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Originally posted by 93Lx
          Im the man i fixed it .......... i replace that wire and i clean my air filter now we're rollin smooth...
          NEVERMIND.....DAMN .......... why does this ground wire keep buring up i clean the surface and everything ........can someone help
          "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Check your other grounds. If other ground straps/wires are not attached or have bad connections, the one good ground you do have will not be able to support the amount of current that needs to flow over it to complete the circuit (which is why its burning up). You might want to try making one out of at least 10AWG (8AWG or even larger wire is better) and running it directly from the battery negative terminal to one of the bolts that holds your starter on.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              Check your other grounds. If other ground straps/wires are not attached or have bad connections, the one good ground you do have will not be able to support the amount of current that needs to flow over it to complete the circuit (which is why its burning up). You might want to try making one out of at least 10AWG (8AWG or even larger wire is better) and running it directly from the battery negative terminal to one of the bolts that holds your starter on.
              ok i'll try that....... if that doesn't work i get i have to get one of those ground wire kits
              "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Just buy a few feet of 4 gague wire and a few eyelet connectors and make your own. I will be making my own pretty soon, and I saw like 7 points where I can reground the engine/tranny/chassis.

X

Comment

Just checkin' up man... any chance to try that new ground?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    Just checkin' up man... any chance to try that new ground?
                    o yea i replace the one wire that fired with a 4g wire that i had layin around ..... i'm goin to get more wire this weekend and replace the rest..........
                    "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Sweet, good stuff...

Comment

Working...
                      X