A few auto transmission questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few auto transmission questions.

Ok so I currently acquired a 92 accord ex auto. Got it for $100! The thing needs a new trans or atleast a clutch pack for 3rd gear. I have just got a 97 Honda oddessy auto trans mission stamped mpja. I noticed that the oddy trans has a extra sensor or what ever it is with 8 or so wires. Will this trans be ok to use and just leave the extra sensor unplugged. I did however notice that the other sensors and plugs are the same its just that one sensor thing.

Here is the oddessy tranns. I circled the sensor

And accord tranns.

my new turbo build

hmmmm I dont think so, but it cant hurt to try, Ive read those transmissions kinda suck though.

28900-P1B-003 017 001 SENSOR ASSY., POSITION

Im assuming gear selection position, probably talks back to the TCU portion of the ecu (obd2)
    see the shaft coming out near #34 / #8, no bueno.

Comment

Crap. So I ended up getting it for $30. I'm gonna try it and post up what happends. I think that sensor is a kick down position sensor for smother engage ments.

my new turbo build

Comment

^yeah, I think you're making the right decision...I did an auto to manual swap on my 91 SE and also have a 95 Ody too. When I first saw that extra plug/sensor I knew the 91 trans wouldn't work on the 95!

Comment

Well.... It works! lol best 30$ I ever spent! One minor issue. 4 k rpm at 80mph. Yep this things like a h22 trans. Gears are crazy short. Accelerates like bat outta hell tho.

my new turbo build

Comment

Whoa! The MPJA works in the CB? Props for doing it, I'm glad you didn't listen to me! You ain't kidding, that's wicked short, reminds me of an M2F4

Comment

awesome glad it worked, did you just leave the extra wires tucked off to the side? short gears to scoot a fatass oddy

and your cb tcu is controlling it too right? just wondering because I thought my h22 mp1a tcu was going out and put in the f22 one and the "length" of the gears was a lot longer. with the p0n its like bam,bam..bam..bam. with the pt3 one its like bam...........bam.........bam..bam.. i kinda liked it better besides the falling out of vtec part.
              Last edited by illinois_erik; 05-25-2016, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                awesome glad it worked, did you just leave the extra wires tucked off to the side? short gears to scoot a fatass oddy

and your cb tcu is controlling it too right? just wondering because I thought my h22 mp1a tcu was going out and put in the f22 one and the "length" of the gears was a lot longer. with the p0n its like bam,bam..bam..bam. with the pt3 one its like bam...........bam.........bam..bam.. i kinda liked it better besides the falling out of vtec part.
                Yep left the wires clipped on the factory holder thing. I'm using a pxo tcu. From a lx cause mine was crap when I got it. Also I want to add the only thing a tcu does technically is shift the trans at a set point. It does not control the length/speed of the gears. So putting a h22 tcu in a accord with stock trans is only gonna change shift points not gear ratios. It may have seemed longer in a way due to the way the lock up selinoid controls. The tcu controls that too.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
                X