Climate control not turning off with removal of the key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
    The blower relay is on the blower. Which is under the dash on the right. Maybe it has a short somehow. If you take your lower kick panel off and look up you might be able to access it.
    I did some work on the car today and determined that it is infact the blower motor relay. I have a nasty leak coming from my windshield (which I just discovered after last weeks rain) which dropped water on the relay and shorted It. I took it apart and hit it with a hair dryer and that did the trick.

Took up my floormats and realized the carpet was SOAKED. Looks like the people who installed the windshield this summer after I hit the deer didn't seal it correctly. I have a lifetime warranty though so I will have them come out and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
      I did some work on the car today and determined that it is infact the blower motor relay. I have a nasty leak coming from my windshield (which I just discovered after last weeks rain) which dropped water on the relay and shorted It. I took it apart and hit it with a hair dryer and that did the trick.

Took up my floormats and realized the carpet was SOAKED. Looks like the people who installed the windshield this summer after I hit the deer didn't seal it correctly. I have a lifetime warranty though so I will have them come out and fix it.

Awesome. Glad you figured it out! Sucks about the windshield.

Comment

Working...
      X