A6 maniflod without iab plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A6 maniflod without iab plate?

Just wondering if in theory you took out your iab plate and just bolt the runner to the plenum. What would it even add? I think it would be more torque than anything. But i was just wondering if anyone has tried it

Don't do that.

It will hurt performance. You're reducing air charge. Stack two if anything.

Comment

it would move the torque higher up in the rpm band since you are effectively decreasing the length of the runners.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Long runners = torque less horsepower
        Short runners = less torque but more ponies

I think you'd want more low end torque for a daily. I'm sure somebody has done it..

Edit: a lot of people do the H23 upper plenum swap, supposedly good for 5 hp.

Comment

^^^Exactly

AND you're eliminating the volume/area restriction at low rpms that the IAB plates provide which kills your low end even more, but you eventually get it back-ish at the top.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I wasnt going to do it lol i have the a6 with double iab plates. But i was just honestly wondering what it would do. Does the h23 really add vs the a6 mani and throttle body?

Comment

Yes. The H23 stuff is significantly larger.

Comment

So if i have a F22a6 would swapping the H23 IM be worth some HP? What all should be done to just gain some HP i have heard of the IM and TB upgrade but not sure what TB to use. I saw the OP talking about IAB Plate, what is that and another post about stacking 2? What is that and what is the gain?

Comment

Swapping the throttle bodies wouldn't net you any gain since they are both 60mm inlets. However the plenum would.

cb9fam there are countless threads on stacking plates, simply search stacking IAB plates and im sure you will find all the info you need.

The IAB plate they are referring to is the butterfly valves plate in between the runners and the plenum. If you have a f22a1 motor chances are you do not have this plate. It came on the f22a6, h23, and f22b DOHC intake manifold.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=92937

Half way down you can see the difference in plenums.

Comment

Working...
                    X