fuel injector help PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel injector help PLEASE!

so here is the break down i have a jdm h22a obd1... it had no intake manifold i got one from a obd2 h22a4...
    the problem is i believe i have the high impedance injectors but my 92 accord has a injector resistor box. how do i bypass it to use the obd2 ones. ore does does any one have h22 injectors obd1? i can not use the f22 injectors because they have a lower cc rating.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Are you saying you have H22 OBD2 injectors?

To bypass the resistor box, you basically take it out of the circuits feeding signal to the injectors, and splice the cut wires from the injectors to the wires from the ECU to the resistor box. Pay attention to colors, as you want red to red, and black to ground/ECU. I have done this myself to run RDX injectors, and if you have soldering practice, it is rather easy.

Here is a pic showing the wires headed to the resistor box, after splicing and removing the box.

MRT

14.38 @ 98.66mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.346

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
      Are you saying you have H22 OBD2 injectors?

To bypass the resistor box, you basically take it out of the circuits feeding signal to the injectors, and splice the cut wires from the injectors to the wires from the ECU to the resistor box. Pay attention to colors, as you want red to red, and black to ground/ECU. I have done this myself to run RDX injectors, and if you have soldering practice, it is rather easy.

Here is a pic showing the wires headed to the resistor box, after splicing and removing the box.
      yes intresting i have herd somthing like this have u done it and is it reliable i will be using a stock h22 computer but i have saturated injectors i think the 290cc from an h22a4 but i have a h22a going in my cb7 any better pics?
      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

sorry i see u have done it any pics of the finished product

Comment

I'll get some. It looks a little cleaner without that resistor box in there.

MRT

14.38 @ 98.66mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.346

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
            I'll get some. It looks a little cleaner without that resistor box in there.

Whats up with the pics

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This is mine. I just twisted the wires and used a home electrical wire nut. then taped it. Its been working fine since my swap.

I am running a p72 chipped hondata s300 and rdx injectors but its the same.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                [IMG][/IMG]

This is mine. I just twisted the wires and used a home electrical wire nut. then taped it. Its been working fine since my swap.

I am running a p72 chipped hondata s300 and rdx injectors but its the same.

steve

Oh okay i see ur signature pic is that ur car i see coil on plug how come u have a dizzy

Comment

It gets the cam position and some other stuff from the stock distributor

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                    It gets the cam position and some other stuff from the stock distributor

steve
                    Oh nice ....hondata?

Comment

PM me if you still need a set of OBD1 H injectors. I upgraded when I went turbo and still have my original set.

Comment

Using the OBD1 injectors would be best. At least if you're using a stock OBD1 ECU.

From my reading (I'm far from an expert, here...) I've learned that bypassing the injector resistor box to use the OBD2 injectors will work, but it may eventually lead to ECU damage. I haven't confirmed this firsthand, and I believe there may be many people running OBD2 injectors with a stock OBD1 ECU without issue... but if you can do it properly with OBD1 injectors, you would be wise to do so.

Comment

I am having an injector issue and did a search and found this thread; so I figure I'd just ask here instead of starting another thread.

This is pretaining to a JDM H22. I am having an intermittent misfire. My tests leads me to believe i have an injector issue.
                          My question is; Are USDM H22 injectors interchangeable with JDM H22 injectors? (of the same year)
                          If they are not, where would I aquire a new (92-96) JDM H22 injector?

Comment

Starting a new thread is preferable to reviving an old thread. I guarantee the next response given will be to the original post, not your question.

All OBD1 H22A injectors are the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X