Bogging Upon Start Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogging Upon Start Up

Hello on my 90 ACCORD F22A1 for a while now I have been getting bogging actually feels just like a misfire only at start up when the engine is at normal operating temperature now one time I got a code for it and it was the oxygen sensor the CEL popped up as it was bogging changed that haven't had another code since but still am getting the bogging. I noticed a way to clear the bog-misfire is to rev it up to 2k-2.5k for a few seconds but sometimes it will clear itself after 20-30 seconds. I myself think its the spark plug wires having problems with resistance at start up they don't look bad at all but I've never changed them and don't know when they were last changed but I'm going to check the resistance today. BTW has anyone ever been a conductor for your distributor? Not so fun unless your looking for a rush LOL but I'm still alive and here with no burn marks to the skin surprisingly. Pretty sure cylinder 2 had it in for me L.M.F.A.O
    Last edited by Kev1990; 04-19-2015, 10:17 AM.

I had the same problem if you recall. Just yesterday I put a new igniter and seals in my distributor and I'll let you know how it goes. I've now replaced everything except the coil.

Comment

Hmm was your a sputter or misfire? Mine feels like ignition related but I know a cb7 of somebody I'm friends with will have a sputter but they lose antifreeze and their head gasket is bad. Mine feels like its a misfire just like someone unplugged a wire but not as severe. Plus my distributor is newer but that doesn't exactly rule it out. I know it may sound crazy but there is a difference in sputtering and misfiring on the car with a bad head gasket its almost like the engine is gargolying antifreeze lol doesn't shake the car like a misfire but just putts idk how to put it exactly ahahah.

Comment

It sputtered and I gave it gas around the same rpm mentioned and it corrected itself. It misfires for sure.

And it's weird because it only does it on a warm start. It's baffled me for the longest time too.

I've replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, igniter, cap and rotor, and changed the O2 sensor. Igniter is most recent cause I spoke with hellraisen and he suggested the igniter would go before the coil. Check to see if you have the shaft seal like I did cause it'll soak the igniter and magnets.

Comment

Wow so we do have the same dam problem LOL....Is yours a F22A1 too? Hmm what's weird is two days ago it kept happening often when it was a little bit warmer out then yesterday it was still somewhat warm but got colder as the day went on and it didn't do it at all. Like I said what's weird is the first time I got a CEL for it happening was the oxygen sensor code so wondering if it has anything to do with the wiring at this point now. Seems like both of our cars like to have the same problems LOL did you ever fix your power steering rack and pinion? BTW I like your car the one I'm having the problems with is a 90 yours is a 93 I see and its a ex so its got a F22A6. Did you ever see any pictures of my blue 90 Chris?
          Last edited by Kev1990; 04-20-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah an a6 is what I have. I did not get around to the rack and pinion cause I recently dropped over a grand on my dog who needed surgery to remove cancer tumors. It's on my list though.. I did not see your car, I'll check it out! And thanks man, it's a love it or hate it thing. But most folks seem to like it. I'm welding up my boso style pipes soon so we'll see how the attitudes change

Comment

Dam man I'm sorry to hear that how's your dog doing? Anyways how many miles does your car have on it? Here's the post with the pictures of 3 cb7s that last white one I got for 250 without title and may use it for parts even though its pretty clean and my first manual cb7.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206282

Comment

I added some coolant to my reservoir when I had a start up issue. Car started up but it would take a second or two get to proper idle, it was too low. Seems to have fixed it.

So check your coolant bottle
                “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Thank you for that info man! I think we both shall check out antifreeze reservoirs. I am so dam happy now! DD just calculated my MPG'S I'm getting 24.5 mpg city-highway mainly city though. That's with the EGR blocked off. Anyone who reads this if you care about mpg do not put a Sri on your car! I was getting 250 miles per tank that's a pretty dam big difference then I switched back to stock air box its back to normal so if you have a stock engine Sri gets you nothing but horrible mpg! lol.

Comment

I actually have a super slow leak from my bypass hose, so I'll bleed and burp it then. And yeah our cars hate air in the cooling passages. Mine is also full and has been since I got the car due to a cracked radiator.

Nice cars too man! For being in Jersey they have like no rust. She's good, she is walking around looking like a martini, haha.
                    Last edited by F22Chris; 04-20-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Rofl thanks Chris the blue one is my main car have to somehow get the trim repainted soon hopefully and that's good about your dog . My reservoir was a little low but radiator has always been full. Do you still have any leaks in your cooling system Chris?

Comment

Just that small drip at the bypass hose, its a $5 fix though so when the weather is right I'm gonna tackle it. I also have had 3 warm starts today and not a single misfire! So look into your dizzy.

Comment

Figured I'd update this the day the guy above said to check the radiator-reservoir I made sure it's completely full and it hasn't happened since. Has it happened to you again Chris?

Comment

I doubt the coolant overflow tank had anything to do with my bogging problem.

I replaced the ICM as Josh suggested, and it hasn't bogged on me since. I just replaced the bypass hose, and the smaller hose that goes from the lower plenum to the lower part of the throttle body. Needless to say, I have enough coolant, burped, and no leaks.

So my problem was the ICM not a low coolant overflow tank. I say this because it stopped doing it before I replaced the hoses and coolant, and because my coolant wasn't low to begin with!

Glad to hear you haven't experienced it lately, just watch out for it happening again, Kev.

Comment

True that's good you fixed yours too how much did the ICM cost you? It hasn't done it in days normally its like every other day and my radiator-overflow was a little low from the last drain and fill I did and ran out of antifreeze lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X