Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on my engine and many more suggestions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i saw a valve cover gasket, lower tube seals and upper? for 15 bucks as a set off ebay.

im probably going to change most of my gaskets including rear main (since it is leaking like mad right now) and possibly timing belt. time to invest into a 3/8" torque wrench.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

hey wed3k did u order the ebay set? what brand and how much? I can't seem to find it.

hey mrhonda,
      I am out of town and have been, now that summer has roled, i have time to buy some tools and do the seals.
      Regarding the DISTRIB leaking, can you specify exactly what parts and suggestions I need to do as well? I am a novice and so maybe I'll confuse the parts dept. service person. I've looked at the parts, and notice only one specific area. I Just wanna know exactly what I have to replace. Well sorry for so much questions.

My goals are to do the DISTRIB. and UPPER/LOWER seals. How much would the DIzzy seal and cam seal usually cost?

My haynes is coming in. Thanks very much cb7tuner and everyone.
      hahahahah

Comment

It depends where ist leaking from. Sometimes the outer o-ring leaks, its only a couple bucks for the part and all you do is pull off the dist and it right there. However, at this age, its usually the internal distributor seal that leaks and unfortunately this seal cannot be purchased alone, you have to buy the whole distributor assemblly. Look at the bottom of the distributor, if the bottom of it is completely soaked than its probably the internal seal. Just to make sure, pop off the distributor cap and take a good look inside the cap and the distributor housing, if there is oil in there than the whole thing must be replaced.
        00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

hey thank you mrhonda, i'll be back home in a few days, and i'll let you know and what not. i'll take it slowly one at a time.

thanks much.
          hahahahah

Comment

bump own thread up..

i am doing the tube seals replacement followed by adjustment of valves.

i want to ask if i have to remove the dizzy cap or even touch it at all? my timing belt is on. and right now i am not sure how to rotate it to TDC, i've posted on the DIY thread but thought I'd get more replies here. the cam is tight (duh), but any ideas and which way I can rotate it?

sorry for the noob questions, i dont wanna break anything.
            hahahahah

Comment

*UPDATES 8/17/05

as of now, i am soaking the valve cover in water and castrol degreaser. wow it works. i put about 5 % - 10% of castrol the rest is water, while shooting it. i took off the spark plug wire guides and oil cap.

i hope its okay, but it looks good, cleaning stuff out..

im going to adjust valves, call me paranoid i feel like my rocker shaft doesn't seem to sit in as perfect as before?? am i okay?

thanks.
              hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by FishyMan
                *UPDATES 8/17/05

as of now, i am soaking the valve cover in water and castrol degreaser. wow it works. i put about 5 % - 10% of castrol the rest is water, while shooting it. i took off the spark plug wire guides and oil cap.

i hope its okay, but it looks good, cleaning stuff out..

im going to adjust valves, call me paranoid i feel like my rocker shaft doesn't seem to sit in as perfect as before?? am i okay?

thanks.
                well, if everything isnt lining up then just double check what is wrong or maybe one of the lobes are on the otherside of the cam or soemthing.

mine are leaking even though i just replaced it... i guess i did it wrong or something.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i think its an inevitable thing pass the tube seals.. i seen some way in..

i mean the screws and bolts SO FAR go in with ease, but ill have to make sure, as long all the bolts go in easy, smoothe i think im okay..

thanks..
                  hahahahah

Comment

Well the camshaft is going to be pushing it up and at an angle with the dizzy end up higher. If you follow the tightening procedure, be sure not to crossthread, you should be fine. Mine was doing this when I put it back on. Make sure you use the proper torque specs. Same goes for the cover, you don't want to snap the valve cover bolts, hehe.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                    where you been, is something wrong?
                    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

shoots guys thanks.. i can't belive i was able to finally do this.. cool experience...

oh ya my 1/2 drive needs and adapter to become 3/8 haha other wise it wont work..

btw. the torque wrench w/ beam the way i did it was on my last full stroke i held it at the REQUIRED amount. is this the correct way?

thanks.
                      Last edited by FishyMan; 08-18-2005, 12:52 AM.
                      hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                      X