Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Begining To Have A Problem

Thank you for coming to my thread fellow cb7r's :
    My problem is this: whenever I turn the wheel to either side my right front end makes a loud noise. Its coming right from the wheel so I know its something suspension wise. Sounds like loose clankin'. My friend from Autozone told me its most likely my lower ball joint. I'm thinking he is probably right, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had this problem on a cb7, like if it were a common problem amungst us.

Thanks dudes,
    Blaine

Originally posted by CBsevenDX
    Its coming right from the wheel so I know its something suspension wise. Sounds like loose clankin'.
    if it is a clicking noise, like when you turn, then it's probably a cracked cv joint/boot; either the inner or outer. you can check by jacking the car up or lying on the ground and looking at the inner and outer axle cv boots. if that is the problem, then the usual fix for it is to replace the axle ($48 at napa).

here's a pic of the ball joint, just ignore the typing on the pic:
    Last edited by M3kamikaze; 04-18-2005, 01:10 AM.
    -'93 Accord EX 5-speed F22A6
    -DIY mesh grill, DIY stealth intake

Comment

check the sway bar end links, if they are loose or bad they will clank on bumps and when pressure goes on them...i been wondering that for years and found that was an issue...something to check anyways.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, sweet pics by the way

Comment

where are the sway bar end links? can I tighten them? cuz they where replaced 1/2 yr ago and they started making noise when spring hits!!

thx
          -Henry

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

just look for the big ass bar that goes from one side to the other, then it connects to these bushings that are 4 in one.

see they look like that but old and black lol...check them to see if they are cracked..u can tighten it, its better to do with a gun, if not have fun doing it by hand. i think you need to counter it with another 12mm on the top and one on the bottom.

im waiting for my energy suspension replacments as we speak. the idiots at honda should put a castle nut on these things.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

hummm... energy suspension replacments ...... where can u get them ^^

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

i got them from lightningmotorsports.com along with my front and rear antiswaybars

Comment

Working...
                X