Speedo problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo problem

My friend's car has a speedo problem. Sometimes it'll work, and other times we'll be going along and it'll just drop to 0 and never pick back up. I'm thinking there's something loose, but I'm not sure
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

any other drivability symptoms?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

VSS= Vehicle speed sensor. Do a search, you'll turn up some info. Good luck!
      -Jay

Comment

Well, the car pulls to the right when driving, and pulls to the left when braking, but I don't see how that would hurt the speedo. I'm gonna go read up on the VSS
        ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

pulling while driving = needs an alignment most likely
          pulls while braking, means one side is braking harder than the other, maybe pads, maybe rotors...just get braking system checked out
          Yes the speedo problem is 99% the VSS

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
          where you been, is something wrong?
          i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

^agree. Well, I meant drivability issues with surging, hesitation,etc with the engine...pulls fine to redline?

Comment

Yup. Car still does great when you stomp it. Made sure of that a couple dozen times today :P

Comment

try cleaning the vss and testing its resistence.

Comment

Working...
                X