tranny fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny fluid?

i just put an h22 automatic in my 90 accord and i was wondering what type of transmisson fluid i should run? should i just put factory honda fluid in it or is there something better out there?

Honda ATF....period.
    00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

i go and believe that honda ATF is best.. will switch mines to that soon..
      hahahahah

Comment

thanks guys i figuired that honda fluid would be the best

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
          Honda ATF....period.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
            says mrHONDA lol

honda auto fluid isn't better than any name brand auto fluid.....may cost more, but that means nothing.....honda license plate frames go for $30 at the dealership, but they aren't superior to anything........
            Sorry dude, but I have to call B.S. on this one. Honda ATF is specificly formulated with Honda's own additives, friction modifiers, etc. Not saying any good name brand ATF will not work at all, its just in my personal experience, the Honda stuff does seem to last a bit longer and not break down as quikly as aftermarket ATF.
            00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
              Sorry dude, but I have to call B.S. on this one. Honda ATF is specificly formulated with Honda's own additives, friction modifiers, etc. Not saying any good name brand ATF will not work at all, its just in my personal experience, the Honda stuff does seem to last a bit longer and not break down as quikly as aftermarket ATF.
              very true.. i made the mistake of letting them use my car as an example for a tranny flush while i was working at jiffy lube.. im sure the fluid was all flushed and shit, but my car actually seemed to shift a bit rougher AFTER the flush.. needless to say, a few weeks later, i drained it all out and put all honda atf in its place..

Comment

Working...
              X