engine knocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine knocking?

Okay as some of you all know I blew my motor and got a junk yard motor rebuilt. I did not rebuild or install my motor because I work out of town and I had a known shop build the motor and a guy that's kinda a back yard mechanic install it that is known for his v8's around here. But here's the deal he calls me and tells me I need to come over my motor is knocking. I went over and heard no knocking just the normal valve tick. And he told me it has a hard knock. He said he put a Stethoscope to the oil pan and it will blow your ear drums. But yet all I heard was a valve tick. And he started on he will only charge me $1000 to install a crank kit. Is he bsing me to make more cash or how can I tell it's a knock when I didn't hear a thing lol also I put my ear under the oil pan still didn't hear it
    1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Hmm sounds like he could potentially be trying to take you for money. You sure you only heard a valve tick. Did you put the stethoscope up to the oil pan and listen for yourself? How does it sound when being rev'd up? Could you make a video of it for us to possibly confirm the knocking?

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
      Hmm sounds like he could potentially be trying to take you for money. You sure you only heard a valve tick. Did you put the stethoscope up to the oil pan and listen for yourself? How does it sound when being rev'd up? Could you make a video of it for us to possibly confirm the knocking?
      ill make a video Tuesday when I pick up the car. Some how randomly the slave cylinder went bad. And I just remembered something and I just now caught on. He told me it's a rod knock because it can't be a bearing because the oil light is not cutting on and off like it would if it was. Then he told me I needed bearings and he will do it cheap. And I wanted to listen with the stethoscope but he told me he couldn't find it
      Last edited by purplebomb; 01-18-2015, 10:20 PM. Reason: forgot to add details
      1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

Working...
      X