Lockup Shift Solenoid Leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockup Shift Solenoid Leaking

Hello my F22A1 engine automatic my LOCK UP SHIFT SOLENOID the upper one is leaking and it is driving me crazy! At first it was leaking a bit then I tightened it down more then it's just a few drips but it's a leak that I don't want to have to keep dealing with is there any way to fix this is there a a new gasket I can get for it if so what is the part number? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you in advanced.

#8 and #6 in the link below. I believe they serve as a filter and a gasket. Also, as you can see these bolts don't require a whole lot of torque (9 lbs) so be weary of that.

http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/a...er=28200px4014

Last edited by Tishock; 10-31-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

See here's my problem I can't tell 100% for sure it is the transmission lockup leaking because once it hits the ground it looks like transmission fluid then when I wipe some off of the transmission underside it looks like oil because there was some old oil leak residue there. What else could be in that area right under the bottom lockup solenoids that could leak oil?

Comment

Clean the area from the top and bottom well, then drive a short distance, then follow the leak. The fluid will tend to flow down (gravity) and back (airflow), so follow it up and forward. I had a similar issue with my wagon. I changed an axle seal and shift lever seal before I realized the solenoid was leaking; the fluid was flowing down the front of the transmission, then across the bottom. As tishock indicated, the gasket is both a seal and a filter screen (in those that I've changed, I've never found any debris on the screens).
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
        X