Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
    Every oil pressure switch I've seen just has some sealant on the threads, no o ring, no crush washer.
    Generically, some pressure switches use a 'normal' thread and a compression washer to seal it (copper or aluminium). Most seem to use a tapered thread that gets tight after X turns (similar to some plumbing fixtures). The taper in the thread can only go in so far before it starts to 'jam', which will occur before the switch body bottoms out onto the engine. If such a thread isn't sealed (chemically or teflon tape) then oil will seep through the small gap between the male and female threads.
    Regards from Oz,
    John.

Comment

UPDATE: I finally lifted up the car the oil sensor is not what's leaking. There's fresh oil on the oil pan all over the bolts and everything 6 of them were loose for one! But you look above that near the lower timing belt cover there is oil leaking there very very little so what seal could that be? BTW everything was dry on the oil filter and sensor ill have to get some pictures after I drive it a bit more because i cleaned it up pretty well.

Comment

If oil is coming from behind the lower timing belt cover, then it is probably a front main seal. Could also be the balance shaft seals. You would have to pull the lower timing cover off to make that determination. It could also be the oil pan gasket on the front of the oil pan.
        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
        X