Weird sputtering/studdering issue at medium rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird sputtering/studdering issue at medium rpm

Whats up guys! Know i havent posted on here in a while. Sold my last cb7, and a few cars later i picked up a 2012 civic si coupe. Anyways, was looking for a winter beater, and wound up picking up a running/driving 92 accord ex 5 speed for $300. Original problem was a rusted fuel line, fixed that.

Anyways it was down on power, running a little rough. So i checked under the hood, popped all the plug wires. tons of oil. Did the spark plug tube seals today, adjusted the valves. also did new plugs (ngk) valve cover gasket, distributor cap, rotor, plug wires (ngk) pcv valve, air filter. Started the car and drove it, much more power, probably back to normal. But I am still having an issue. It runs fine, but it seems like its sputtering around 3-4000 rpm. low rpms its okay, idle is fine, high rpms fine. Still has alot of power. What else should I check? only other issue is bad front axles, and the exhaust is broken at the resonator.

For the past few months I've had a resonator pipe leak and it caused some serious lag on my F22A1 almost like the transmission was lagging real bad then I patched it up one time it held for a couple weeks. The patch worked well that I used and power was restored I had some serious lag when trying to hit the gas going 40-50 but just within the last week I had a new resonator pipe assembly welded on. Before that I had multiple leaks in that pipe and you can feel the difference in power definitely not lagging any more like it was I couldn't stand the lag it had. Can't say for sure what your problem may be but what engine specifically do you have? Just realized you said medium rpms check/clean your EGR VALVE/PORTS
    Last edited by Kev1990; 10-18-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev1990 View Post
      For the past few months I've had a resonator pipe leak and it caused some serious lag on my F22A1 almost like the transmission was lagging real bad then I patched it up one time it held for a couple weeks. The patch worked well that I used and power was restored I had some serious lag when trying to hit the gas going 40-50 but just within the last week I had a new resonator pipe assembly welded on. Before that I had multiple leaks in that pipe and you can feel the difference in power definitely not lagging any more like it was I couldn't stand the lag it had. Can't say for sure what your problem may be but what engine specifically do you have? Just realized you said medium rpms check/clean your EGR VALVE/PORTS
      its funny that you say that. Cause My car was actually running alot better before the resonator broke. didnt realize it could make that much of a difference. Definitely going to change that pipe out ASAP then. and its F22a6!

Comment

I see. That shit drove me crazy when it felt like the dam transmission was going out with all that lag lol but listen to this anyways I had a f22A6 the exhaust leak was the right behind the muffler no power loss at all any that was noticeable though. Because your having midrange rpm problems definitely looking into the EGR as a possible problem. BTW I really noticed the difference when I patched it up two separate times everytime it would open itself back up I could feel the loss in power that's the only thing I noticed within the power difference that is.

Comment

Working...
        X