Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Fan Constantly On

Hey all,

I've had this on my mind since getting the car 2 years ago. My rad fan will turn on anytime the car isn't moving for more than a minute or so. This usually happens when I stop at a Tim Hortons or something. The fan(s) start up and everyone around looks to see who's car is overheating.

My engine temperature needle never worries me, it's always where it should be, around 55%/60%.

99% of the time the fan will run for a few minutes after turning the car off. When it's parked in the garage I hear it from upstairs. I went to a car meet a few weeks ago and some of the attendees were concerned with it.

Any thoughts? I'll be taking the car in next month or so to have all the fluids flushed including the coolant. Should have been done about 90k KM ago when the timing belt and water pump were done.

Thanks!

It is normal for the fan(s) to come on for up to 15 minutes after you shut the engine down. Once coolant stops circulating, the heat in the engine can continue to heat the coolant. The coolant temperature sensors and the fan control module will turn on the fans to help cool the engine down.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I have this same issue except its the passenger side fan that does it, not sure what that fan is for but it stays on after the car is off and actually runs my battery down completely where i would need a jump. I just pulled out the relay for it and never plug it in , relay is marked cooling fan but iv'e never had any issues with my car overheating anyway.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Comment

Check your fan timer circuit, it's by the main relay.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Mine did this when my coolant level was low. As soon as I added more it went off.

It could also be all of the above.

steve

Comment

Working...
          X