Replacing Oil Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Oil Pump

I have an engine I am in the process of rebuilding. The oil pump has 375,000 miles on it and I want to replace it. $250 for an OEM Honda oil pump is not very appealing.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge on remanufactured oil pumps. Particularly with ones that cost less than $100

You could just rebuild yours.... I wouldn't trust my oiling duties to anything but an OEM pump.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I checked on rebuilding but the inner rotor is discontinued and the outer is likely discontinued. Other than OEM I have not been able to find any other parts supplier.

It sucks they discontinued them, $30 for the rotors would be awesome.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...-+OIL+STRAINER

It's looking like I will have to break down and buy an OEM pump. It's such a vital part but I was just wondering if a remanufactured oil pump would suffice. I know being gear driven they are really reliable...

Comment

Is it within spec? Can you reference the service manual?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Radial clearance between inner & outer pump rotors. Wear limit: 0.008 in (0.20mm)

Axial clearance between the pump housing and the outer rotor. Wear limit: 0.005 in (0.12mm)

Radial clearance between housing & outer rotor. Wear limit: 0.008 in (0.20mm)

Visually check for cracks or scoring.

Mine is at 0.008/0.004/0.008. So it is in spec but it at the limit. No cracks or scoring.

Comment

Working...
          X