Manual Transmission throw out bearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual Transmission throw out bearing question

(CPMIKE) on Facebook gave me GREAT information on the manual transmission and what to look for.

I am really worried about my cb as I try to collect the money to have a friend help me pull the sucker apart (yes I have a Exedy clutch kit)

I read some other fourms online saying it's a toss up on how long the release bearing will last on cars and I'm just going to identify that in our cars it is indede the throw out (release bearing)

I have a LIGHT squeel at idle as in you can pop the hood and it sounds like a slipping belt, you depress the clutch any and the sound is gone.

Every gear slides right in no problems what so ever Although when moderate acceleration on second and third you can hear a squeel just with the acceleration with no acceleration nothing

* Ive never heard a grind although when I did a oil change maybe 1,700 miles ago it was nice and black like used engine oil and I only pulled 1.8 quarts, am I diagnosing this right

Thanks Tom

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Throw a Koyo or a Nachi in and don't worry about it. If you have an Exedy clutch kit I have heard the bearing that comes in the kit is a Nachi brand.

The noise you are hearing does in fact sounds like the clutch release bearing.

Comment

Good deal.... I'm really working on trying to get her in in a week or sooner just don't want to be towing it to his place. I plan on getting my flywheel re surfaced and hopefully a new rear main since Il have it all apart.

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
      X