R12 to R134a conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R12 to R134a conversion

While searching for this conversion I came across this great write up.. I don't think a write up can get much better than this for this type of diy.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165508

I have a question about taking this conversion through a different route.
    Would the 98-02 accords have any good parts from them that I could use since those came factory r134a? As in, could I go to a junk yard and find any useful parts from those cars to make the conversion easier/better?

the only thing i would take from those cars would be the evaporator (front of the car?)

r134 is not as efficient as r12 so you will have to beef that up.

also i suppose i would take the compressor as well and buy a rebuild kit for it. other than that thats all you could really benefit from
    visit vgruk

Comment

The F23A uses an aluminum compressor bracket instead of the heavy cast iron one on the car. It's a NipponDenso compressor so as long as your car isn't a 1993 Accord EX/SE then you can use it.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.. my car is 93 EX.

Comment

Then there's not really anything you can use unless you want to convert the whole system over to NipponDenso. I wouldn't. It has less capacity to cool the vehicle than the Hadsys your car has.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
          X