Driver door latch rod disconnected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver door latch rod disconnected?

Hey guys, I happened to see this thread here while I was about to post my problem. looked through it and it's not the same. I can open my door from the outside, and from the inside of I grab the rod that connects to the outside door handle.

My issue is the rod that connects to the inside driver door handle slips out of the latch mechanism in the door. I took some pictures to explain. Is there something to make the rod stop slipping or do I have to replace the entire latch assembly?

Edit: I see the problem. The purple part has a hook that connects to the rod to hold it in place, similar to the door handles side of the rod. That wasn't apparent until I looked at the pictures and double checked on the car. guess I'll be making a junk yard trip for that purple plastic part. 3D printing really would have come in handy here. The closest junk yard is closed and the other is a 22 miles drive in one direction.
    Edit 2: It's not a separate part that I can order according to this diagram. Shoot. I really wanted to avoid the junk yard.

Last edited by Kamatari+; 06-15-2014, 11:22 AM.

||91 Accord EX|| All of my images are hosted courtesy of imageShack.com
    Door-Sensor fix (DIY)||Interfacing Arduino to Power locks
    RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement.
    "The greatest advantage of speaking the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said." - unknown
    "That's the funny thing about parts that break... they're never broken until they are!" -deevergote
Working...
X