smokey pipe-carbon in exaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smokey pipe-carbon in exaust?

for some reason when i really rev up my car and then shut it off and look at the groung behind the muffler it will have oil sprayed on it.could it be condensation mixing with the smoke??it happens really bad when the engine is cold.whewn its cold just staring it up and not reving it makes the spray type stuff.any ideas.also when i really get on it hard black smoke comes out of my exhaust.bad????or ok it does burn a lil oil.please help
    Last edited by accordztech; 12-11-2003, 01:56 AM.

lol, how did you survive that race...
    but any oil leaks?

Comment

survivng race

well i have been racing with that problem for awhile,nope no leakes at all,209,000 miles though any ideas??

Comment

thats it except for a loose gasket, good luck im off work
        byee

Comment

its carbon...its ok to have, sometiems there is alot of that crap in the system
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thanks man i figured that just wanted to make shure,is it ok to be burning a little oil???

Comment

Your motor is old, so unless you feel like doing a rebuild, yeah, it's going to burn a little oil.
              Have you checked the consistency of whatever black stuff is coming out the tailpipe? Yeah, it could be carbon, but I'd like a more accurate picture of what's happening before we rule other things out.

Comment

i would run some seafoam thru the throttle body and PCV valve, that should loosen up some of that carbon, it will stink like shit for a few miles, but it cleans everything out, cleans out the odors from catalytic converter too, you can run it thru your gas tank to clean your injectors, i personally didnt do that, but it is an option.. you might have some sort of leak.. oil just spirts out from just sitting at idle tho?.. listen get some seafoam put it thru throttle, be very careful not to drown the engine or you will hydrolock that bitch and then need a new engine, so... carefully use that stuff it will get rid of that carbon..

Comment

thanks man very big help,ya thats sbout right i burn about 1 quart between changes thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                    if your car burned a quart or even 1.5 between oil changes, it would be ok......most hondas don't burn oil (most imports are the same way) because of tighter tolerances than what domestic makers have used for years......that way, when they have a lot of wear on them, they still might be as tight as a stock mustang's clearances.......and go new car shopping for fun.....ask them about it......most of the time, they'll tell you that even though it's brand new, it's supposed to burn x amount of oil.....the 4.6 mustangs were supposed to burn 1.3 quarts per 3000 miles or 2500 miles of hard driving.....people complained, but ford guaranteed them it was ok.......and in reality, it is
                    But the smoke from the tailpipe i believe would be carbon build up,. and if your having alot you might have alooot of carbon built up in there and seafoam will clear it out good... but fizz, should oil burn and come out the exhaust? that seems like a not so good condition..

Comment

well the problem i'm having is not really oil ,i have a 5 inch exhaust and you know when u look in your pipe and its black,well its like going to the car wash and getting some water in there and then starting it right up and reving it,it does not do it when its hot,when its hot it just smokes a lil(black smoke not blue)

Comment

k.,. then seafoam would help with the carbon deposits, it will clean out the cat and what not, just careful on how much you use because it can hydrolock your engine if you drown it..

Comment

well i dont use additives any more i did it just to find out that my engine on that car was perfrect and had no carbon deposits at all and wasted my time, but the car is gone so i have no idea of what adverse affects it had on it, nor do i care anymore but i wont be using it on my F22b motor, im leavin it alone.

Comment

I would reccomend cleaning it tho, that would get rid of the carbon deposits, whether or not you use seafoam, or you take it all apart and clean it.. either way will get rid of that smoke from the tailpipe..

Comment

soemtimes excessive carbon build up is just the muffler itself....usually people dont get it but my uncle jsut started spirtying out black crap...he changed the muffler and its gone...

if u were to clean otu the intake system it would be nice, yet running some fuel injector to get the carbon off of the cylinders is better...

iono how well it will clean out the system...but it will clean ur vitals out...

my car doesnt burn oil =)
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X