Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing Parts list.

Hello everyone,
    I am really thinking about getting my timing belt done and as I understand it, there are seals, and water pump that would need replacement as well. I am going to list the parts with description and part numbers. If any thing else need to be added to the work project please advise.
    I also would like opinions on:
    1)Brands that are close to OEM quality or better.
    2)Where's the best place with best prices to obtain these parts.
    3)DIY's links that are most helpful and easier to follow for those who has never done it. Since I don't have a spare car to use, I am going to let a mechanic work on my first timing belt change, unless some one that lives near me has enough experience to help me work on it.
    This thread is an attempt to collect information for future reference.

1) Timing Belt-14400-PT0-004
    2) Timing Balancer Belt-13405-PT0-004
    3) Timing belt adjuster-14510-PT0-004
    4) Balancer belt adjuster-13404-PT0-004
    5) Timing belt adjuster spring-14516-P0A-000
    6) Belt adjuster spring-13407-P0A-000
    7) Water pump-19200-P0A-003
    8) Water pump gasket-19200-PT0-300
    9) Water pump seal-19223-PT0-000
    10) Water pump o-ring(2)-91314-PH7-003
    11) Valve cover gasket-12341-PT0-000, Or gasket set--12030-PT0-000
    12) Camshaft Seal-91212-P0A-004
    13) Camshaft Seal-91213-PT0-003
    14) Balancer shaft seal-91233-PT0-003
    15) Balancer shaft seal retainer kit-06923-P0A-306

16) 2 jug of coolant fluid.

Please add if any thing else is needed.
    Brands wise, I think that best are:
    1) OEM Honda.
    2) Gates.

Other thoughts:
    1) My timing belt was service by the previous owner at 107K miles. He replaced the belts and 4 seals. The car now has about 161K miles. Should I be worry about the belt condition and other parts of the service? There's no oil leak and the car drives fine. I live in Fullerton, CA.

If you are 100% that the belt was done @ 107K and it runs fine and doesn't leak any oil from the timing covers, you could get another 30K out of what you have now. From a peace of mind standpoint or if there's no front balance shaft seal retainer present and you're concerned, then I would def. understand. If you want to maybe have every possible seal on hand so when you're in there you can either replace what's needed or do all of them. Most people including the dealerships will usually leave any seals that are not leaking (cam, front main, etc). That decision is up to you, mild to wild! For parts that are buried in the car like anything on the t-belt end of things, I like to install OE and avoid aftermarket.

Comment

How can you check the present of the front balance shaft seal retainer? Is it hard to see without removing too much?
      I know a guy who offered to do it if I get all the parts for $180 labor.
      Thanks.

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
      If you are 100% that the belt was done @ 107K and it runs fine and doesn't leak any oil from the timing covers, you could get another 30K out of what you have now. From a peace of mind standpoint or if there's no front balance shaft seal retainer present and you're concerned, then I would def. understand. If you want to maybe have every possible seal on hand so when you're in there you can either replace what's needed or do all of them. Most people including the dealerships will usually leave any seals that are not leaking (cam, front main, etc). That decision is up to you, mild to wild! For parts that are buried in the car like anything on the t-belt end of things, I like to install OE and avoid aftermarket.

Comment

Working...
      X