Lost a solenoid cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a solenoid cap

Kinda lost he cap for the EGR vacuum control solenoid, is it a major problem ?! what is the cap's purpose !?
    Last edited by EsperHamid; 12-13-2013, 02:39 PM.

It controls the egr valve diaphram, so yes it important if you wish to pass emissions tests. also not sure but the pic you posted shows it would allow hole in the vacum system that will cause greater issue as well.(jumping idle, bad gas mileage ect.)

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I wasn't speaking about the solenoid itself, but about the crown at the top of it, let me elaborate in a different pic..... i meant the one of the right .. you see this cylinder shaped cap... I lost it when I was working
      with the wires, on a second notice are these wires in their correct positions?!

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
        I wasn't speaking about the solenoid itself, but about the crown at the top of it, let me elaborate in a different pic..... i meant the one of the right .. you see this cylinder shaped cap... I lost it when I was working
        with the wires, on a second notice are these wires in their correct positions?!

If it has exposed wires you may want to wrap the ends with wire tape or find another cap from a junk yard. If no open wires or anything like that I would bet your fine with out it.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
          If it has exposed wires you may want to wrap the ends with wire tape or find another cap from a junk yard. If no open wires or anything like that I would bet your fine with out it.
          dude !! the cap does it do anything !! other than being a cap ?! because there's no exposed wires in this pic, if you mean the black box cover on the firewall, yeah I still have it but since I was testing the EGR problem I had removed it for better access.

However, that cap ( can be spinned by hand ) I lost it, so is it necessary for the functioning of this solenoid ?! or is it just a cap

Also is the wiring in the correct pins yes or no ?!

so please if you are not sure, don't answer with all do respect, shimming in is most appreciated.

Comment

dude !! the cap does it do anything !! other than being a cap ?! because there's no exposed wires in this pic, if you mean the black box cover on the firewall, yeah I still have it but since I was testing the EGR problem I had removed it for better access.

However, that cap ( can be spinned by hand ) I lost it, so is it necessary for the functioning of this solenoid ?! or is it just a cap

Also is the wiring in the correct pins yes or no ?!

so please if you are not sure, don't answer with all do respect, shimming in is most appreciated.
            You answered your own question you dont need it, its just a cap covering those connection. I was just saying if there are exposed wires below to cover them so they dont short on you if something happens but thats not the case so you dont have to worry about it.

Comment

alright so the cap with the "AI" marking is just there to cover the wires who are already covered with yellow plastic ...good ... what about the wiring? are they in their correct respective pins or switched ?!

another question, in the valve cover the hole in the middle is for the PCV valve, the other one far left, does it take air in or get air out ?!

My third question before I put my head and sleep peacefully waiting for tomorrow would be:
              My CB7 did 441 KM or 274 miles from a full tank down to the orange low fuel indicator.
              is that good ?! or still sucks !! ... driving environment let's say 50 city/50 highway

Comment

alright so the cap with the "AI" marking is just there to cover the wires who are already covered with yellow plastic ...good ... what about the wiring? are they in their correct respective pins or switched ?!

another question, in the valve cover the hole in the middle is for the PCV valve, the other one far left, does it take air in or get air out ?!

My third question before I put my head and sleep peacefully waiting for tomorrow would be:
                My CB7 did 441 KM or 274 miles from a full tank down to the orange low fuel indicator.
                is that good ?! or still sucks !! ... driving environment let's say 50 city/50 highway
                Not sure on if its correctly connected as i dont have access to a wire diagram for that part, but you should be able to find factory manuals online for download or buy a hanyes book. The far left hole is a vent that draws case gasses back into the intake for smog, you can get small breather fliter that mounts to the vent stem and cap the intake so no vaccum leak or look up how to install and oil catch can to stop oil blow by from happening. As for gas milage sounds way low, but everyones driving style is diferent so that will impact it. other things could be clogged egr ports, bad o2 sensor(doesnt always throw a code), bad fuel fliter, air fliter, spark plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  Not sure on if its correctly connected as i dont have access to a wire diagram for that part, but you should be able to find factory manuals online for download or buy a hanyes book. The far left hole is a vent that draws case gasses back into the intake for smog, you can get small breather fliter that mounts to the vent stem and cap the intake so no vaccum leak or look up how to install and oil catch can to stop oil blow by from happening. As for gas milage sounds way low, but everyones driving style is diferent so that will impact it. other things could be clogged egr ports, bad o2 sensor(doesnt always throw a code), bad fuel fliter, air fliter, spark plugs.
                  Thanks for the replies, I have the manual in PDF but its pages are not organized that's why I couldn't find it since it is OCR too

My plugs, air filter, fuel filter are new... my egr ports are drilled, cleaned and plugged !! so that leaves the O2 sensor and EGR code 12 which either is that solenoid or the CVC or the Lift Sensor on the EGR valve itself.
                  but what should I expect as a good mpg when driving on highways mostly at 55 miles per hour ...and in traffic well you know, stop and go ... my idle rpm is 750 .... or how much should a full tank to orange low fuel should take me on average ?!

as for the beather hose on the left. does it throw air back to the duct or from the duct to the crank case ?! ... I've seen some people putting the filter you are talking about but that means it sucks air to the crank case ....
                  if it was the other way around it can be easily rerouted (linked) to the PCV right and create 1 catch can instead of 2 ?
                  Last edited by EsperHamid; 12-13-2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

The other port on the valve cover is a crankcase vent, and it routes back into the intake piping.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                      The other port on the valve cover is a crankcase vent, and it routes back into the intake piping.
                      hello, I know to where it routes back, my question is about the direction of the air flow .... is it to the crank case? or from the crank case to the black air duct ?! <== not talking about the PCV

Comment

hello, I know to where it routes back, my question is about the direction of the air flow .... is it to the crank case? or from the crank case to the black air duct ?! <== not talking about the PCV
                        Vents from the case into the intake (it flows OUT from the crank case) and is put back into the intake to burn excess exhaust gasses. Your again are answering your own questions after we gave them to you multiple times.

Comment

I am doing it on purpose, I want to make sure of it because it seems odd to me cause it is doing the same thing as the PCV....

My first understanding was the left pipe takes fresh air into the crank case and the PCV pulls exhaust gases back into the manifold, that's why I was explaining myself more.

Frankly I wanted to conduct some experiments on my CB7 that's why I did this thread.

Comment

Working...
                          X