h22 keeps busting front tourq mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 keeps busting front tourq mount?

I am now on my 3rd front tourq mount this last one didnt even last me a month. They keep busting inside the top rubber bushing...im replacing them with ancor jack mounts from my local auto part store....all my other mounts are fine replaced about a year ago. What could cause this, too much power or what, sould I switch to solid polly mounts

Suggestions please

Mine always tore apart too. I just filled it with some poly and it's been good for 5-6 years now. I think there are a few DIY's on here about filling motor mounts.

Comment

Iv seen the diy I jist didnt think it was that commen

Comment

Maybe you are buying from a faulty batch of mounts or the brand is bad (Not familiar with Anchor Jack). Try the poly filling though or buy the inserts, if that does not help try buying from a different store or online.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Either poor product, or bad batch.
          Buy a genuine one.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

upgrade to solid mounts ither esp , hasport , inovation and call it a day or do what most people do poly them up

Comment

Im thinking for now ill fill it then when I get the cash get some hasport mounts

Comment

Before I never had a problem with anchor mounts. Now it seems like they are made with a cheaper rubber. My van tore through 5 sets, on all 4 corners. I finally bought OEM ones and its all good.

Poly fill that sucker, or do that torque mount mod that they mount that bracket near the power steering pump.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

i filled brand new mounts after cleaning them and that was a waste of money filling them with 82a. the rubber apparently flexed still and the polys looking loose. so now I got some hand made ones from a proprietor on here made of plate, DOM and real poly inserts (so you can replace with ease) for the h22. if the ghetto ones arent bored out and completely filled its a waste. So definitely for a thoroughbred you want something solid. and if you do one you have to do them all otherwise they'll be stressed and fail.

Comment

I would like to add, that I broke my poly mounts in my van as well....lol.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

get with McMaster Carr 94shore urethane stop using these other garbage mounts and call it a day.

Comment

never thought h22 was that of a beast !! lol ... but yeah try doing the filling first, they won't tear apart easily, they'll look better than the non-oem mounts you already bought. There's a lot of DIYs here but when I did this one I felt the most happy.

Comment

When your done filling them with 94 the front dogbone mount won't even be needed which leaves you with more room to do what you want.

Comment

Working...
                          X