Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

could no spark be no tdc/cyl/crank.sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could no spark be no tdc/cyl/crank.sensor?

my motor cut out while crusin.needless to say i looked like an idiot on the side of the road.i've changed it all ecu,computer,relays,rotor,internal coil,ignition unit,map sens,the only two things i can think of would be the tdc/cyl/crank sens.or i have a short some where in my wireing? or can it be something else any ideas. 1991 exr 4dr

When you said "you changed it all" do you mean that you replaced them with all new or did you exchange them for ones that you've gotten from a junk yard or soemone else. I was in the same boat as you a few months ago I had 3 coils that I scavenged from a junk yard, 2 computers and 3 ignitors that, I was swapping into my car ro get it to start. I finally gave up had it taken to a mechanic and he called my back within the hour and said that it was the coil and it would cost 80 bucks. And boy did I feel stupid at that point, I wasted alot of time and money.

The moral of the story is I think you've done all you can do. Yea, there is a chance that any of those sensors are bad and causing your problem. But by the time you take them out test them with a multimeter find replacements (which no one wants to sell, everyone wants to sell the whole distributor) slap it all back together and turn the key, you could have had it back from a mechanic ready to go again.

Also, could you describe what the car is doing? is it cranking? are you getting fuel? Is the battery still in the car?(jk on the last one)

Comment

Working...
    X