Distributer-les System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributer-les System

Anyone heard of such a thing for F or H series engines? I saw a video on a GSR with a B engine. It was not for show either, the car pulled off 750whp so I do no think this mod would be a bad idea if it existed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoO0iqZxDZc
    Best view of it at 1:55.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

http://www.hondata.com/hondata_coil_pack_retrofit.html

http://www.aemelectronics.com/igniti...8h54gs2mjfoel5

Go nuts,

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I've looked into the hondata system. A little bit.

But $400 for the CPR and then prob another $400 for the coils. Thats $800. I could replace my coil every year for the next 16 years for that price.

Maybe if your looking to squeeze more HP. but I haven't found too many people on the forums who have them. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places

steve

Comment

It was more of an idea to reduce clutter but $800 for that is far down on my list of thing to do.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

My price was off you can get the coils for $50. So 160 but you have to have the $400 s300.

To me $600 sounds more realistic. but still 600. Thats my mfactory lsd or my DSS axles.

steve

Comment

Eh, not worth it unless you are pushing crazy HP
            Gary A.K.A. Carter
            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Let's make this thread a bit more interesting.
              A distributor takes a high tension voltage and "distributes" it at the right "time" among the cylinders.

To delete the distributor, you would need a way to read cam/crank position, a high tension voltage source, and a way to tell the spark plugs when to fire and how long to fire.

discuss...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post

To delete the distributor, you would need a way to read cam/crank position, a high tension voltage source, and a way to tell the spark plugs when to fire and how long to fire.
                For reading the cam/crank position:

AEM:

http://www.aemelectronics.com/engine...-1992-1997-740

Or T1 Race Development

http://www.t1racedevelopment.com/ind...eries-kit.html

The hondata CPR still retains the stock distributor to use it for timing signals
                Last edited by Boost_Lee; 10-18-2013, 01:43 AM.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                11.68 @ 127mph
                417whp/375wtq
                Sold: 8/2016

Comment

That's a pretty cool design from t1. It's still magnetic like the oem sensors are.

I like AEMs better. They may have better resolution being that it's an optical type of sensor. They also sell a 'universal' one that, if one were creative enough, could retrofit to our stock housing for about 200. And we get the benefit of using OEM seals...

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The stock ignition system is solid to well over 400whp... which, IMO, is more than you'd ever need in a CB7! A system like this would be interesting, and fun to tinker with for anyone that's really into having the most detailed control over every aspect of their engine, or someone looking to break power records... but as far as practical use goes, there is none for 99% of the semi-serious enthusiasts in this community. It's more of a novelty for most.

Comment

Using a MegasquirtIII EMS you can actually do COP using stock cam and crank sensors. You would be better off upgrading to the OBD2 F22 oil pump housing with the TDC and CKP sensors mounted behind the crank pulley. That way you could get rid of the distributor and use an H23 cam cap in it's place.

There are a couple different ways to do a coil over plug... or distributor-less ignition. EDIS could be another option. It is not a direct coil over plug but it is a much more responsive ignition system over the distributor.

On a stock daily driver it really wouldn't be worth all the work or money. I did it on my 2.0L ZETEC powered Tribute and didn't really see any big gains. I did this on the stock ECU so I wasn't able to make any ignition dwell or timing changes. If I were able to make any sort of timing changes it probably would have been more beneficial.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        The stock ignition system is solid to well over 400whp... which, IMO, is more than you'd ever need in a CB7! A system like this would be interesting, and fun to tinker with for anyone that's really into having the most detailed control over every aspect of their engine, or someone looking to break power records... but as far as practical use goes, there is none for 99% of the semi-serious enthusiasts in this community. It's more of a novelty for most.
                        its more of an addon to the EMS then being the main replacement, coming from that direction. the pencil coils wouldnt be that much..but to do it just for the spark and no other mods..lol money to piss eh. but that complete system would be awesome for boost. i think with that system you can setup spark duration and multiple fires with in the single firing timing yadda yadda yadda

Comment

COP is easier to do if you have an EDIS ignition system to start from.

Ford EDIS running a set of GSXR 1000 coils,

Ran great but as mentioned, without proper tuning it really wasn't any advantage over the stock ignition system
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                            COP is easier to do if you have an EDIS ignition system to start from.

Ford EDIS running a set of GSXR 1000 coils,

Ran great but as mentioned, without proper tuning it really wasn't any advantage over the stock ignition system
                            thats not much of a mod, thats me filling my gastank with shine and driving about lmao. to the cb yeah thatd be something.

Comment

Yeah that really wasn't much of a mod. It was just the start and it was really easy...... took them off and added these for a short time....

I am now wiring up the MS3 to get everything working together without the EDIS. I'll be running a set of Honda K coils straight from the EMS.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X